HI all, about a week ago, i found there is one new additional icon on my desktop, that is Windows Live Messenger. However, been trying to dowload it but i keep on getting the same message :
    "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirementsthat are needed to support Windows Live Messenger"
    Some of my friends' 8100 have successfully downloaded it but some don't.
    can somebody help me? Thanks Thanks Thanks
    07-05-08 10:13 AM
    Are your friends Pearls 8100s or 8120 or 8130s?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 12:23 PM
    HI all, about a week ago, i found there is one new additional icon on my desktop, that is Windows Live Messenger. However, been trying to dowload it but i keep on getting the same message :
    "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirementsthat are needed to support Windows Live Messenger"
    Some of my friends' 8100 have successfully downloaded it but some don't.
    can somebody help me? Thanks Thanks Thanks
    Hopefully this will save someone a lot of time. This is NOT a problem with your Telus Blackberry if you're getting that error message.

I have TWO Telus Blackberry Curves 8330 and both are set up the same. One of them downloaded the Windows Live Messenger application just fine, the other got the error message above. I fiddled with it for over 2 hours trying to figure out why one works and the other doesn't.

I eventually called the Telus Blackberry Support people and they advised they already have a repair ticket open for this exact problem. Many others are experiencing the same issue. Some can download the application, others can't. So it seems this is a Telus issue, and nothing to do with your Blackberry. I can assure you all with 100% certainty that the Telus Blackberry Curve 8330 and any others where the Windows Live Messenger has appeared on your screen DOES meet the minimum system requirements and it WILL work (because mine does!). It will just be a matter of time before Telus figures out why it downloads on some, and not others.

Hopefully it won't be too long. If anyone is in this same boat and then it does work, please let us know!

And just so we're clear here, we are talking about JUST getting to the place where you can download the WLM Application. Those of us experiencing this problem can't even download it into our Blackberry and that is the problem. Nothing to do with the functionality of it.
    07-09-08 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD