I had this on my Motorola A1200 smartphone... it supports VOIP, Text messages and FREE IM!!!!! The Instant messenger sends FREE IMs from your mobile to anyone on MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk, QQ , ICQ and Jabber.

It uses DATA... Ive used it extensively in the past...not one text message was used.

Good stuff. I dont use the voip or text, so i dont need to give them any other personal info...just use it for the messengers.

Cheap international mobile calls, texts and free IMs - EQO

Heres what EQO states on their forum... (I will highlight the good stuff)

The Straight Goods on EQO
    Submitted by peter on November 20, 2007 - 1:59pm.

Everyday I tend to see some of the same general questions about our application. This seems like as good a reason as any for me to start a thread on here to help people with some the general information stuff about EQO.

Let me attempt to explain in simple terms how our service works:

• We support every country in the world for Instant Messaging and International SMS messaging and calling.

• When you make an EQO call, the application will call our local access number nearest to your phone's home area code (or in some countries, our local access number will call you). We will then carry your call over our VoIP network. The duration of your call will be charged as a local call by your mobile carrier. If you are calling a landline or a non-EQO user or an offline EQO user then we will also charge you EQO credits for the duration of the call at our posted rates.

• If you are calling an online EQO user, then we will charge you 50% EQO credits for the call. You will still owe your carrier for a call to our local access number.

Instant Messaging is free and will not cost you text messages. Instant Messaging with EQO takes place over the Internet.

• When you use EQO, you will use Internet data, which your carrier will charge you for at your agreed rate.

Please let me know if I missed anything else!

Peter
    EQO Customer Support
    Last edited by jackm3; 03-16-08 at 07:09 AM.
    03-15-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD