Why is there like 10 pretty damn good Twitter apps out there and only 1 Facebook app? I mean I know about like social scope and all that but im talking about something dedicated to just Facebook.

I recently downgraded to Facebook 1.6 which DEF runs way better then 1.7, but its still a crappy app. Im using Tweet Genius for my Twitter which I love and I've used UberTwitter and the RIM Twitter App BETA. There is three right there that worked awesome and still only the 1 FB. I know there are probably a million other posts like this one. But my lack of FB notifications today made me have to vent.
    03-18-10 01:51 PM
    its because of the API's and its more difficult to code a Facebook app than a twitter app. Look at the myspace app, although the api's are available its just more difficult to code.
    03-18-10 06:32 PM
    I'm not a facebooker, but maybe the built in facebook options in apps like Social Beat or Snaptu are better. Worth a shot.
    03-18-10 10:21 PM
    its because of the API's and its more difficult to code a Facebook app than a twitter app. Look at the myspace app, although the api's are available its just more difficult to code.
    Im not a developer and I'm sure your right. But I think when you are dealing with one of the most visited sites on the internet and one of the most desired apps for blackberry. You find a way to do it.
    03-19-10 07:18 AM
    Have actually found "Snaptu" to be a pretty good app.
    03-19-10 07:44 AM
    Better question; why make a whole new thread on this? There's only like 1.5 million posts about how ****ty the facebook app is, and it's easily explained.

FB app for every other phone / whatever = made by FB.

FB app for BB = made by RIM. It's not like their apps / some OS' aren't terrible.
    03-19-10 08:57 AM
    GlitchZero, as he said. He was venting. THAT'S why he made a new thread for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 12:06 PM
    He's venting about something incredibly pointless. There's actually several FB enabled applications, this guy's just an ***** and decided to complain. If he had taken a second away from his rage typing and watched the REAL TIME search occuring mere millimeters above his 'ARGGGGH FACEBOOKKKKK' post, he would've seen several Facebook related threads pointing out Snaptu and SocialBeat. This guy has the Twitter beta, so he's clearly not too snooty to install leaks.

Why not just download SocialBeat, leave it running, get notifications? It's not push, but neither is TweetGenius or UberTwitter. For a group of 2 million smartphone users, there's entirely too many stupid posts. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes, but I also don't create threads for every little issue I have, or was too lazy to research.
    03-19-10 12:45 PM
    He's venting about something incredibly pointless. There's actually several FB enabled applications, this guy's just an ***** and decided to complain. If he had taken a second away from his rage typing and watched the REAL TIME search occuring mere millimeters above his 'ARGGGGH FACEBOOKKKKK' post, he would've seen several Facebook related threads pointing out Snaptu and SocialBeat. This guy has the Twitter beta, so he's clearly not too snooty to install leaks.

Why not just download SocialBeat, leave it running, get notifications? It's not push, but neither is TweetGenius or UberTwitter. For a group of 2 million smartphone users, there's entirely too many stupid posts. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes, but I also don't create threads for every little issue I have, or was too lazy to research.

dude, you dont have to go all crazy. we all get frustrated with our bb's sometimes, THATS WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR. TO DISCUSS. obviously theres millions of topics about this, but thats never gonna stop someone from reiterating. and this is really actually ironic considering i made a thread about socialbeat, to which people have said its a **** application. so chill out, we all get your point but it doesnt change the fact that he made this thread and got some responses, the only negative one being from you.
    03-19-10 01:10 PM
    ANYYYYYYWAYS, dear OP:

if you check out my social beat thread, someone said its not worth it. and ive never used snaptu but ive heard some good and some bad about it. just try everything out and see what you like :] but so far no really good push apps.
    03-19-10 01:15 PM
    Why not just download SocialBeat, leave it running, get notifications? It's not push, but neither is TweetGenius or UberTwitter.
    Hello Captain DrainMyBatt!

This is why I uninstalled UberTwitter after the first couple hours. As horrible as the FB application is, at least it's push and won't kill the juice in short order.
    03-19-10 01:18 PM
    First of all I do my searching and reading all the time before I post anything. I also said in my thread that I KNOW there are plenty of posts about the same thing. Maybe you should have taken a second to read the post instead of just trying to bash what Im saying. Then you should take another second and remove yourself from my ****. K thanks!

And Thank you mburrell for understanding where Im coming from here.
    03-19-10 02:22 PM
    03-19-10 03:55 PM
    About time! I thought I was the only one disappointed with the Facebook app for the Blackberry... compared to other devices... it's not that great... the mobile site does more!
    03-19-10 10:00 PM
    Awesome! Now this is good news. Thanks

03-20-10 07:26 AM
    Sweet, pretty soon I can stop using the mobile site.
    03-20-10 07:36 AM
    Hey all,

I look forward to the update - however, I am having an issue with the current release. (on my Sprint Tour and my Wife's Curve 2).

It seems that 60% of our facebook update notification are NOT making their way to our blackberry messages inbox. (especially comments on our photos).

It seems to be real hit-and-miss. We will not know about the missed notification until we are checking FB online....

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

Thanks,

Matt!
    03-20-10 08:04 AM
    Hey all,

I look forward to the update - however, I am having an issue with the current release. (on my Sprint Tour and my Wife's Curve 2).

It seems that 60% of our facebook update notification are NOT making their way to our blackberry messages inbox. (especially comments on our photos).

It seems to be real hit-and-miss. We will not know about the missed notification until we are checking FB online....

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

Thanks,

Matt!
    I was getting 0% of my notifications for a day or so. I started getting more and more but still not 100%.
    03-20-10 08:27 AM
    Hello Captain DrainMyBatt!

This is why I uninstalled UberTwitter after the first couple hours. As horrible as the FB application is, at least it's push and won't kill the juice in short order.
    Yes, it drained my battery too until I went into settings and changed it from updating every 10 min, to every hour and then even changed it from closing to background to actually shutting down, I don't use mine enough to leave it running in the background though.
    03-27-10 06:12 AM
    Yes, it drained my battery too until I went into settings and changed it from updating every 10 min, to every hour and then even changed it from closing to background to actually shutting down, I don't use mine enough to leave it running in the background though.
    Soooooo what's the point then? May as well just uninstall it and check the mobile site once an hour...

The whole point of push is to get notifications as immediately as possible. Polling kills the battery if done frequently and is pointless if done at large intervals or shut down altogether.

Last edited by dchawk81; 03-31-10 at 12:08 AM.
    03-31-10 12:06 AM
    Hey all,

Any updates on this yet? New version release date?

Also, capone, where did you find ver. 1.6 to downgrade to?
    04-24-10 11:23 AM
    I think i may have found the download area to downgrade....

Downgrade Facebook 1.7 to 1.6 Gadzone Mobile
    04-24-10 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD