I installed eOffice 4.5 for my blackberry. After installing it, I'm now unable to view my videos from my blackberry video player. I'm also unable to view any videos from youtube. Has anyone else experienced this problem. If so, is there a way to change the settings in eOffice so it would not associate video files with it's software?
    09-29-08 09:33 AM
    Many people are having problems with eOffice (including me). I removed it from my phone a couple of days after purchasng it.

If you're looking for a decent spreadsheet application, look at GridMagic. The "Community" version is FREE!
    09-29-08 09:40 AM
    I have GridMagic...and love it. Only problem I have with it is that it cannot open or save files to/from the media card. I removed eOffice from my bb. I originally downloaded the program by saving it to my desktop, then installed the program vis USB cable management software. This time I tried installing it via my bb browser. It took a while because it's a 3 MB file. So far my videos seem to be working again. I'll keep my fingers crossed in hope that the problem corrected itself.
    09-29-08 09:55 AM
    Spoke too soon. When I do a soft reset or restart my blackberry it seems as though eOffice takes over MME file types. I get the following eror message after my blackberry has loaded.

Uncaught exception:
    A browser content
    Provider for audio/
    Mid MME type
    Has already been
    Registered with the
    browser

Then I'm unable to view any video files on my bb.
    If I try to I get the following error message:
    Unable to play content

Any suggestions?
    09-29-08 12:10 PM
    I had the same issue Thursday/Friday but without the impact to Youtube. I discovered that I couldn't play music or ringtones through the media player, and later realized video was disabled too. Try the "Will not play music" thread to see more.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wil...y-music-75073/
    Or search forum for "unable to play content" like I did.

Dynoplex eOffice is probable culprit out of all the 3rd party apps I've installed, removing it and soft restarting fixed the issues.
    Last edited by Lordsting; 09-29-08 at 12:51 PM.
    09-29-08 12:48 PM
    I have GridMagic...and love it. Only problem I have with it is that it cannot open or save files to/from the media card. I removed eOffice from my bb. I originally downloaded the program by saving it to my desktop, then installed the program vis USB cable management software. This time I tried installing it via my bb browser. It took a while because it's a 3 MB file. So far my videos seem to be working again. I'll keep my fingers crossed in hope that the problem corrected itself.
    I use Aerize Card Loader and installed Grid Magic (and other programs) on my Micro SD card with no issues. (FYI)
    09-29-08 01:01 PM
    Aerize card reader seems to get poor reviews on the net.
    09-29-08 05:37 PM
    Take it from me....if you want your bb video player to work, do not download eOffice 4.5 It caused my bb video player to stop working. After installing the app, I was unable to view videos I took using my phone. I was also unable to view youtube videos through my browswer. After purchasing eOffice 4.5, I felt as though I threw away $30. I called dynoplex about the issue. They said they would Email me the solution.....no Email received. They said someone would call me to fix the problem....no call received. So I decided to find an older version of eOffice... eOffice 4.3 I installed it and used the key from my 4.5 installation, and everything seems to be working fine. Only thing is that I can't use the new user interface and google docs integration that I paid for with version 4.5 At least I can use the program without a total waste of $30
    09-29-08 08:27 PM
    I use Aerize Card Loader and installed Grid Magic (and other programs) on my Micro SD card with no issues. (FYI)
    How do you use the program with Grid Magic. I downloaded it, but I'm unsure if GridMagic is saving to my SD Card.
    09-29-08 09:18 PM
    I had the same issue Thursday/Friday but without the impact to Youtube. I discovered that I couldn't play music or ringtones through the media player, and later realized video was disabled too. Try the "Will not play music" thread to see more.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wil...y-music-75073/
    Or search forum for "unable to play content" like I did.

Dynoplex eOffice is probable culprit out of all the 3rd party apps I've installed, removing it and soft restarting fixed the issues.
    I hope I found out what was causing the problem with eOffice 4.5
    I deleted module jsr211 that was associated with Dynoplex from my Blackberry.

Menu Key > Options Icon > Advanced Options > Applications > Menu Key > Modules > dynoplex_jsr211 > Menu Key > Delete
    You're only able to delete the module if you downloaded the program OTA it seems.

I think it's a java module associated with eOffice. After deleting the module, the problem went away. I'm not sure what effect it will have on eOffice. At least I can view my videos again, and still open documents with eOffice.
    Last edited by cdf3; 09-30-08 at 06:54 PM.
    09-30-08 06:50 PM
    I had the same problem with eoffice. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was. Initially I thought it was a problem with my bb and went back to Verizon and had them replace it. When it happened again I realized it was a software issue. I removed eoffice and no more problem. I hope they can get the issue resolved. I called dynoplex about 2 weeks ago and was told that they were moving their server from NY to Texas and were unable to help me. I was also not able to fax from within eoffice as they told me I could. They stated that it was because their server was down. Now I'm afraid to reload eoffice because I don't want the media program to crash. When I had the problem I could not listen to any music or ringtones but I could see pics.
    10-16-08 06:53 PM
    We are sorry for inconvenience
    In this case please open options(with BB) -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> press the Menu Button -> Modules -> find
    dynoplex_jsr211 -> press the menu button -> Delete After that Perform "cold" reset, i.e.: remove the battery for 10-15 seconds without turning the device off and then turn it on

Or you have to wait till new version of eOffice is released on our web-site.

It will happen in 1 week and you'll get a notification.
    10-21-08 08:42 AM
    So has there been a fix yet?
    10-29-08 08:30 AM
    None yet it appears.
    10-31-08 11:56 AM
    Is it possible for you to install eOffice v4.6 on your device?Please follow the instructions below in order to reinstall the software properly. 1. Connect your device to the PC -> Run Blackberry Desktop Manager -> Application Loader -> Hit 'Next' -> Uncheck all DynoPlex Applications' boxes -> Hit Next -> Hit Advanced -> Check 'Erase all application data' box -> Hit 'Next' -> Check 'Automatically Backup the Device application data before...' and 'Include messages in the Backup' boxes -> Hit 'Next' -> Hit 'Finish'. 2. Its fairly easy to install the applications onto the BB.On your BB open up your BlackBerry Internet browser-> {type in} dynoplex website DynoPlex,Inc. is a leading developer of wireless document management solutions for handheld devices and enterprise grade productivity applications for RIM Blackberry. DynoPlex,Inc. is a leading developer of wireless document management solutions for handheld devices and enterprise grade productivity applications for RIM Blackberry. -> {press the trackball, choose Get link} -> Mobile site -> Downloads -> {eOffice version} -> Install Registration:Please perform the following in order to re-register the new software:1. Give your device hard reset: do not switch the device off, take the battery out and place it back in a while. 2. Run eFile (Or Applications -> eFile) -> Start Menu -> Settings -> Register -> 'Confirm Existing Registration' -> Hit 'Submit'.You can try to install the software using your PC or directly from your device.

I also had to resend my service books to get my internet browser back after I uninstalled eoffice. Do a google search on this and you will find it easily.

Hope this helps
    08-06-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD