Where am i suppose to put the englishwords folder that contains the a-z text files?? Iv been trying for the past THREE hours on making this software work on my new blackberry and im feeling veryy frustrated. any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

thank you!
    07-05-09 01:41 AM
    bump, still cant correctly load the englishwords folder
    07-05-09 01:04 PM
    problem solved, but if anyone else have a problem, here is the solution

you have to copy and paste the englishwords folder that contains file a - z.text to the ROOT of the SD card, root means that in the same place as the blackberry folder itself, NOT inside of it. so as soon as you open up the harddrive, paste it there , dont click open the blackberry folder.

thats my version, heres how the technical support responded with:

Hi,
    that means the dictionary archive was not copied correctly to the SD or phone memory.

You must copy the EnglishWords folder to the root of the SD, *at the same level of the BlackBerry folder*, *not inside the BlackBerry folder*. Copy the folder from your Desktop PC's File Manager (e.g. Windows Explorer), not the RIM Media Manager
    Once done disconnect the phone from the USB cable, launch again the app, and try a search.

To do the copy itself, connect the phone via USB, and select (on the phone) to see the SD and phone memory as mass storage devices on the desktop computer you're connected to. Then use Windows Explorer to copy the EnglishWords folder from the folder where you unzipped the ZIP file, to the root of the SD as said above.

If you don't manage to get it working by following these notes, please please send me a screenshot of a Windows Explorer window that shows the folder structure of your SD card and the content of the EnglishWords folder you copied to it (you can use the free GadWin software to grab a screenshot: Gadwin Systems, Inc. - Software for your business. DiagramStudio - program for create diagrams and flowcharts; GeForms - solution for design and filling forms, hundreds of free business formsso that I'll be able to check that things are actually in the proper place.
    Thanks,
    07-05-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD