i was wandering if i hiked a mountain if it would be accurate on the miles of the hike. i ask because i'm going up (the mountain) and not necessarily changing my longitude/latitude (i think thats the right word)
    08-14-10 11:52 AM
    i was wandering if i hiked a mountain if it would be accurate on the miles of the hike. i ask because i'm going up (the mountain) and not necessarily changing my longitude/latitude (i think thats the right word)
    Yes it can. The accuracy appears to be with 10m. It will also draw you a map of your journey. Ive been using Endomondo skiing this winter and it has done a great job tracking my runs. I am not sure what happens when you lose mobile signal, I think the GPS can still function and record your speed and distance travelled.
    01-29-12 09:04 AM
    It will be fine, as you'll be changing your altitude
    01-29-12 01:39 PM
    I am not sure endomondo calcs trig functions, or if it will add elevation changes to your hike distances. Good question. I have the pro version and need to test this out at some point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-29-12 07:02 PM
    Good point, it gives you your elevation from the review map on the PC, but I'm not sure where you can read it off the app on the phone.
    01-30-12 02:26 PM
    yup. it tells you the distance, speed, time, and it even maps out your run onto a map ... see what i did there lol

this and the Adidas ones are the best fitness apps IMO
    01-31-12 01:35 AM
    Interesting fact, you can turn off your radio signal and Endomondo still tracks the location. If you are running Endomondo inside I would imagine you could experience battery drain.

BTW Im really enjoying using it for skiing. I hope they update the app to be similar to ski tracker for the iPhone.
    03-04-12 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD