Has anyone ventured off to possibly create an emulator plug-in to allow to run Iphone apps on the storm?

Theirs apps on the Iphone I wouldnt mind having.

02-03-09 03:32 PM
    That would be great if it could be done.
    02-03-09 03:34 PM
    That would be great if it could be done.

second that

02-03-09 03:37 PM
    If we can put men on the moon, then someone can easily create an embedded program to allow us to use iphone apps..

02-03-09 03:40 PM
    Don't fret. The application store will be up and running soon.
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
    Impossible. Can't be done
    02-03-09 03:44 PM
    MacOS on ARM on Java on ARM. Sure.
    And in the mean time, I want a pony.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 05:39 PM
    Impossible. Can't be done
    Its possible but the iphone has the video accelerator and storm doesent. A lot of things wouldn't work or run smoothly.

02-03-09 06:06 PM
    yup. cant wait
    02-03-09 06:08 PM
    Its possible but the iphone has the video accelerator and storm doesent. A lot of things wouldn't work or run smoothly.

It could only be done by RIM themselves, would require an extraordinary amount of effort, and RIM is creating their own app store soon, so why lose potential profits?
    02-03-09 06:15 PM
    It could only be done by RIM themselves, would require an extraordinary amount of effort, and RIM is creating their own app store soon, so why lose potential profits?
    Tru.dat

10char

02-03-09 06:17 PM
    MacOS on ARM on Java on ARM. Sure.
    And in the mean time, I want a pony.
    all well and good but the iphone doesnt run an mac os its a 3rd party compony that actualy makes the phones interface. atleast thats what i heard when the first came out form a reliable source. since then they could have bought the rights to the programe earning it now
    02-03-09 06:31 PM
    all well and good but the iphone doesnt run an mac os its a 3rd party compony that actualy makes the phones interface. atleast thats what i heard when the first came out form a reliable source. since then they could have bought the rights to the programe earning it now
    Why is it that whenever someone says "a reliable source" on these boards it basically means "someone who doesn't know what they're talking about"?

The iPhone OS is a derivative of the Mac OS X operating system.
    02-03-09 08:21 PM
    If you want to run iPhone apps, get an iPhone!
    02-03-09 08:26 PM
    The Storm's CPU has a built in 3D graphics engine, so it doesn't need a separate chip. But it wouldn't really matter anyway, because the instruction set emulation would kill app performance regardless. You'd have a hard enough time making a Jesus Phone emulator that performed acceptably on a desktop. It'd also be absolutely huge, probably not leaving any free app mem left to install any Jesus Phone apps.
    02-03-09 08:27 PM
    I think you're confusing the fact that Apple bought a company that was doing something kind of similar to the Jesus Phone, and then set their head visionary guy loose to create the Jesus Phone.
    02-03-09 08:29 PM
    Why is it that whenever someone says "a reliable source" on these boards it basically means "someone who doesn't know what they're talking about"?

The iPhone OS is a derivative of the Mac OS X operating system.
    ok well that is why i put in in those words to convay the idea that i wasnt too sure.
    02-03-09 08:34 PM
    I think you're confusing the fact that Apple bought a company that was doing something kind of similar to the Jesus Phone, and then set their head visionary guy loose to create the Jesus Phone.
    maybe its my source thats confused. i will be completely hounest i am not someone who is head over heals struck in love with apple and every bein and thing that touches or has anything to do with apple, however i do not hate apple like alot of people as well. point being i dont know jack about apple except a few things that ive came accross and what ive used them for
    02-03-09 08:39 PM
    If we can put men on the moon, then someone can easily create an embedded program to allow us to use iphone apps..

hey aren't you annoyed w/ that tangled cord......oh no, we haven't even put a man on the moon, why would i let something silly like this irritate me........i hope you know brian regan, or this reply makes zero sense!
    02-03-09 08:55 PM
    If you want to run iPhone apps, get an iPhone!
    I hate when people do this. Just stop.
    02-03-09 09:08 PM
    Even if there were absolutely no software or hardware conflicts, and you were able to get something running smoothly, Apple would probably have a lawyer at your front door with a cease and desist order about 5minutes after you released it. That's assuming there was heavy traffic on the expressway.

02-03-09 10:31 PM

Technically, the storm does have the capabilities for hardware acceleration; it just doesn't use it. The chipset comes with an integrated GPU.
    02-04-09 01:47 AM
    It should be possible, we just need to dig to understand how the whole Jesus(wtf) phone works with apps, then create an iphone Os that will accept storm hardware, it is possible, and iAtkos is a living example, or at least a live one....

07-18-10 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD