I downloaded a trial version of empower email viewer and for some reason i cannot get all the images loaded within an email...

i did check Load Images on the options setting and when i do receive an email, some or none of the images load. am i doing something wrong? i have an 8310 curve.

if i upgrade my OS to 4.5, i would get html email anyway right?

please help!
    12-11-08 01:49 PM
    This should answer your question. I had the same problem and contacted Empower for the answer. Below is the response I received from the Empower Team.

"Thank you for writing to us. On OS 4.5 and above RIM has its own rich-view that takes precedence over Empower view even if you set Empower as your default viewer. So, in addition to setting Empower as the default viewer, you also need to tell the Blackberry to not use the rich-view. That means two settings to be done.

1. Goto Messages Options and set "Enable Rich Content in Emails" to NO. On some OSes, this shows up as "Enable HTML Emails"
    2. After that, goto Empower Options > Advanced and set "Set Empower as Default Viewer" to ALL.

Please note that the setting in the Step 1 above may take up to 20 mins to get updated at your BIS accounts with the Carriers. Any emails you receive after this will open up with Empower Pro."
    12-11-08 02:32 PM
    i have 4.2...not 4.5....still cant get all the images to load up???? help!
    12-11-08 10:11 PM
    Paulie,
    The reasons for images not appearing may be many. Depending on whether you have the Std or the Pro Edition, and how are your Firewall & APN setup the solution may vary. I will recommend you to contact [email protected] and look for a resolution.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    12-18-08 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD