08-12-09 09:00 PM
26 12
tools
    Hi All,

Its a pleasure to announce the public beta of Empower InstaSpell v0.92 - this product was in private beta for some time and I think its time to take it public.

The beauty of Empower InstaSpell is this -

1. Universal: First the star attraction - Empower InstaSpell is made to be universal !

That means it will do spell check for you not only in emails but also in SMS, Notes, Tasks memo etc. Some people have reported it working with some 3rd party apps as well ! esp the messengers.

2. As-you-type: InstaSpell detects incorrect words as soon as you type them! We have taken special care for performance and we expect it to be instantaneous on all devices (even those on low-memory). For those wanting spell check at the end there is an option for that as well in your menu. Just click on SpellCheck after you are done writing your email.

3. On-device: Fully on-device. Unlike server-based checking where the whole text is sent to server, InstaSpell is fully on-device. This real advantage is not that it saves your data usage on every email. The real importance of on-device spell check is for privacy reasons - both of your business and personal emails.

I would like to invite you all to take a quick preview into it. We hope you will find Empower InstaSpell with its unique combination of On-device, As-you-type, Universal spell checking abilities - a good companion for your spell checking needs.

How to Install:

OTA
    1. InstaSpell first: http://www.getempower.com/isc/isc.php
    2. Dictionary next: http://www.getempower.com/isc/dict.php

PC-DM: http://www.getempower.com/isc/isc.zip

Please install InstaSpell first and then Dictionary. Once both are installed, you will see a cute 'abc' icon on your HomeScreen. Open it, and click on Install button to Index the dictionary. Indexing is important to increase the lookup speed and enable compression. Indexing should take around 30sec - 1 min to complete. Once indexing is over, you will see some stats like - Word Count. Tick the Enable SpellCheck and exit.

This version expires on July 30th, when the next public version goes live. Also keep an eye on this thread for an important forthcoming announcement.

Let us know how you like it.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    07-27-07 10:27 PM
    Highly recommend this program, works very well. I am one of the beta testers for a few weeks now.
    07-27-07 10:37 PM
    More great applications from Ani! Thanks again for all your hard work...
    07-28-07 12:05 AM
    Hi All,

Pleased to announce Empower InstaSpell v0.99

Enhancements over v0.92 -
    [*]Implements Bulk Spell check (spell check at the end) in Notes and Tasks as well.[*]Directly Add word to User Dictionary. Use the menu item under Custom wordlist screen.[*]Backup for User dictionary - is important as user dictionary gets built up with usage over time and we don't want to loose it!

Please uninstall the previous version before installing the new version. Download links remain same -

OTA:
    InstaSpell first - http://www.getempower.com/isc/isc.php
    Dictionary next - http://www.getempower.com/isc/dict.php

The next version is in works. Please try v0.99 and let us know your feedback / suggestions for the future versions.

Thanks!
    Ani.
    08-01-07 09:48 PM
    Thanks for your hard work, Ani. I'm trying to download and install it now...
    08-02-07 06:51 AM
    the links do not work?
    08-02-07 07:21 AM
    Awesome application. By far the best spell checking software i have tried. Thanks ani.
    08-02-07 08:36 AM
    Yes, they do. Try again!

the links do not work?
    08-02-07 09:25 AM
    the links do not work?
    What error do you get on those links? It works perfect here!

just for info - the OTA links are to be typed in your BlackBerry Browser.

Thanks.
    Ani!
    08-04-07 02:31 AM
    Hi,

We have the much awaited Empower InstaSpell 1.0 up now! Enhancements -

• In mail composer - Misspelled words are highlighted RED!
    • Bulk spell checking in appointments.
    • Contractions are better supported.
    • Import names of people and company from address book (so that your contacts & friends don't get marked as incorrect!)
    • Conversation text is no more underlined in messenger.
    • Fix bug that stuck GTalk & Yahoo chat when sending a URL.
    • "Check Spelling" menu item changed to "InstaSpell"

Installation:
    Please uninstall the older version completely (both dictionary & Lib) before installing the new version. That means delete both Empower InstaSpellLib and InstaSpell from the Modules. Version 1.0 can be installed from -

PC-Desktop Manager:
    http://www.getempower.com/isc/10/isc.zip

OTA:
    InstaSpell first - http://www.getempower.com/isc/10/isc.php
    Dictionary next - http://www.getempower.com/isc/10/dict.php

Please note the links carefully, they have a 10 in them. Without that you may end up downloading the older v0.99 itself.

Thanks!
    Ani.
    08-10-07 04:49 PM
    Well this is the first time I have used this and so far everything has been easy!
    Installation A+
    Navigation A+
    Spell Checking A+
    All Around A+

I LOVE that I can add a word to the dictionary! Holy Smokes where has this been my whole life????
    Chad~
    08-12-07 10:35 AM
    Hi All,

Empower InstaSpell v1.3 is live! A number of enhancements have been made to improve the overall usability of the application.

For ex now you can;
    • Cancel Spellcheck in the middle. (Useful if for ex, you are in the middle of a long email)
    • Skip Word in as-you-type mode, and skipped words are not shown as red.
    • Have separate list for Contacts and Personal Dictionary
    • Apostrophe for Contacts are valid.
    • Edit words in the Contacts List, Reload Contacts, etc.

Please uninstall the previous version of InstaSpell completely before upgrading to v1.3

Purchase information will be announced here soon. Also, we intend to offer everyone here on CrackBerry a substantial discount! It will be time-limited so, do let everyone you know, know about it.

How to Install:
    Please uninstall any previous version of InstaSpell from your device before installing v1.3

OTA:
    InstaSpell first: http://www.getempower.com/isc/isc.php
    Dictionary next: http://www.getempower.com/isc/dict.php

Also, work continues on some of the other really exciting ideas we have here at Empower. You will be hearing about them soon.

Thanks!
    Ani.
    08-20-07 05:08 PM
    I mispelled Thes and meant to say this. The option given did not even included These or this. they were,shes,tees,ties,toes,tues

That is crazy.

I mispelled Yout, should have been you. Options given: rout,tout,gout,pout,bout

Now come on. It should at least assume you may have put an extra letter in there or not enough. Spell checking that cannot not even do that needs a lot of work.....Please improve the logic.......Because I like your format and functions better than most....
    08-30-07 01:48 AM
    How do you buy this? I tried the "buy online" link and it gave me a 404 error (page not found).

Thanks!
    09-05-07 10:03 AM
    Why would you want to buy given my post above?????? There has not even been a response of any kind from the developer.

I would wait until they fix even the most basic of functions.......I know I would buy it immediatly if it would take into account that the user could have added or ommited a letter from the word and give alternates....
    09-06-07 06:31 PM
    Why would you want to buy given my post above?????? There has not even been a response of any kind from the developer.

I would wait until they fix even the most basic of functions.......I know I would buy it immediatly if it would take into account that the user could have added or ommited a letter from the word and give alternates....
    Starz - thank you for the post. The suggestions algorithm for small words has been improved in version 1.4 - once the pvt beta team clears it we will be releasing it on the forums.

Thanks!
    Ani.
    09-10-07 05:03 AM
    Well this is the first time I have used this and so far everything has been easy!
    Installation A+
    Navigation A+
    Spell Checking A+
    All Around A+

I LOVE that I can add a word to the dictionary! Holy Smokes where has this been my whole life????
    Chad~
    Dear All,

Thanks to everyone who took part in Beta Trials. Empower InstaSpell is now live. And we have a BIG surprise for you. We are happy to give all users on CrackBerry a discount of more than 50% ! Just use the coupon code INSTASPELL-CBFORUMS.

Please note its a time limited discount and lasts till Friday, 9/14/2007 so please make sure to use it before that.

Also, in case someone you know is thinking of buying InstaSpell, and is not aware of the discount offer, pls let him know.

Thanks.
    Ani.
    09-10-07 05:04 AM
    Brilliant, Ani! Thanks for the offer...
    09-10-07 05:23 AM
    Thanks for the update.....purchase made.
    09-12-07 08:59 AM
    Dear All,

Thanks to everyone who took part in Beta Trials. Empower InstaSpell is now live. And we have a BIG surprise for you. We are happy to give all users on CrackBerry a discount of more than 50% ! Just use the coupon code INSTASPELL-CBFORUMS.

Please note its a time limited discount and lasts till Friday, 9/14/2007 so please make sure to use it before that.

Also, in case someone you know is thinking of buying InstaSpell, and is not aware of the discount offer, pls let him know.

Thanks.
    Ani.

Must have missed this Ani. I have using this thing since the beginning a really enjoy it. Any chance of a discount code?
    09-28-07 08:18 AM
    Ditto...missed your announement also. Great program!
    09-28-07 10:53 AM
    I just installed InstaSpell on my 8830. It deleted ALL of my text messages (over 300) and was working on deleting my e-mails from all of the accounts before I was able to get it stop (doing whatever it was doing). I'm waiting on a reply from the company as to why this happened and how to recover the messages. I'm also trying to contact my service provider for the same assistance, but after the download, my calls continue to drop within the first two minutes (while I'm still on hold waiting for a representative). I'll keep the everyone update with whatever happens, but if you download the software - BEWARE!
    12-02-08 07:14 PM
    You probably didn't have enough free memory and your BB automatically deleted them to free up memory. I would say Instaspell is not the culprit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 08:33 PM
    I installed InstaSpell, but then I needed to enter my credit card info to buy it. That would be fine, but I did it on my BB, and I don't think the credit card info was the full-screen version, so it said I had info missing that is not possible to fill in. How do I contact them to complete this transaction?

Update: I entered my credit card info online, got a registration code, entered it on my Blackberry, but the program is doing nothing. How do I initiate it so it starts working?
    Last edited by dpm1959; 02-25-09 at 04:04 PM.
    02-25-09 02:38 PM
    I just put 3.1 on my phone and it seems to be confused. Is it still beta and that's why? I'm a little confused about how to use it, so I'm deleting it unless there is a trial or something! Seems like a very cool replacement though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 07:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD