I just bought the standard version for $10 but I would like to upgrade to the pro version. Do I have to buy the pro version for $29.99 or can I upgrade for $19.99 since I already have the standard version?
    02-21-08 08:08 PM
    I would say its possible but you need to contact the developer. Sometimes you can contact the online reseller site and explain you bought the wrong version and buy the new one, then they will refund you the previous version.
    02-21-08 09:05 PM
    Other than the price, what's the difference between the standard and pro version? I didn't see the standard version as an option.
    02-22-08 01:17 AM
    I think I would hold off, unless you really need the capability right away. Native HTML email support is expected to be included in the upcoming 4.5 bb OS release. I recently installed the trail of Empower, but I'm a little underwhelmed by it and expect I won't make a purchase for the above reason.
    02-22-08 01:48 AM
    The HTML feature in OS 4.5 is for BES users only so Rrryan is right about it but if you are like me and only have a BIS connection then you would still need something like Empower or BBSmart. I own both and both work well, but I prefer Empower since it does cache all of the content on my storage card.
    02-22-08 05:12 AM
    I believe both BIS & BES users are getting the html upgrade via BIS & BES server upgrades not the OS upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 05:19 AM
    I believe both BIS & BES users are getting the html upgrade via BIS & BES server upgrades not the OS upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is true, but BIS users are at the mercy of their carriers to update their servers (which can/will take MONTHS after the OS is released). So, while you can wait ...you may be waiting for awhile whereas these two options give you the functionality NOW
    02-22-08 09:28 AM
    I have read it both ways that HTML will be for BES and not BIS servers, but until it actually ships we won't know for 100% certainty. Even if it is for both as mentioned we will have to wait for the carriers to finish and if the device side delay is any indication then the server side for the carriers will be even longer.

Of Course I may just finally dump my BIS connection and go BES after all for personal use if the provider supports the latest udpates.
    02-22-08 02:34 PM
    That is true, but BIS users are at the mercy of their carriers to update their servers (which can/will take MONTHS after the OS is released). So, while you can wait ...you may be waiting for awhile whereas these two options give you the functionality NOW
    I'm not waiting, I got the BBsmart free a couple of weeks ago with the Crackberry promotion.
    02-22-08 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD