I have contacted the creator of this program but I'm not getting a response (this happens way to much with these programs and it gets way annoying)! Anyways...

I installed the "standard version", images in email are not being displayed, instead links are displayed to open up the pictures. I thought the whole purpose was to avoid this happening and the images just show in the emails?

So I tried the pro version, the pro version shows the images in the emails! Does the standard version not show images? I don't get it, why make a HTML email viewer if the images are not going to show? What is the purpose of the standard version then?

Please advise on which version I should get as I don't want to pay 30 bucks for the pro version if I don't have too!

Thanks.

P.S. If there is another HTML email viewer program that you guys recommend over either of these, do tell!
    09-04-08 06:12 PM
    09-04-08 08:00 PM
    Why are you giving me that link? That doesn't answer my questions about what I asked.
    09-04-08 08:40 PM
    Actually, if you upgrade your OS to 4.5, HTML emails are included for free. You don't have to spend any $$ for a HTML viewer
    09-04-08 08:45 PM
    Oh great, now that I just spent 30 bucks lol. I don't have access to 4.5, T-Mobile only has 4.2.2 and says if I upgrade without it coming from them, they won't support the phone should I run into any problems with it.
    09-04-08 08:49 PM
    I just discovered a big advantage to having empower even with 4.5's html email. No more pressing "get all images", Everything including externally linked images are prefetched and cached automatically before i even open the mail.
    09-04-08 11:25 PM
    I just discovered a big advantage to having empower even with 4.5's html email. No more pressing "get all images", Everything including externally linked images are prefetched and cached automatically before i even open the mail.
    AJ-

Maybe you can help me with something then (you seem more familiar with this then I am). I have contacted the creator with no response...I'd like to know why reviews state that people contact them with trouble and they get responses in hours yet I've been trying for weeks and get nothing? Anyways here is my problem...

Since installing the app, I've noticed a few problems.

1.) In the headers the word "subject" is no longer there. Instead you only see the persons subject line without the word "Subject:" before it. Why is this?

2.) At the bottom of the headers where it has the time and date at the end of this I always get (in both outgoing and incoming emails that I send or receive); "To: 1" in blue text. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of it?

I think T-Mobile might have been right when they advised me NOT to install unoffical 3rd party apps on this phone. Every app that I have tried has given me problems and I've ended up uninstalling it. I have a feeling I'll be doing that with this app as well and if I do...I'm done with 3rd party apps!

Thanks.
    09-05-08 03:26 AM
    AJ-

Maybe you can help me with something then (you seem more familiar with this then I am). I have contacted the creator with no response...I'd like to know why reviews state that people contact them with trouble and they get responses in hours yet I've been trying for weeks and get nothing? Anyways here is my problem...

Since installing the app, I've noticed a few problems.

1.) In the headers the word "subject" is no longer there. Instead you only see the persons subject line without the word "Subject:" before it. Why is this?

2.) At the bottom of the headers where it has the time and date at the end of this I always get (in both outgoing and incoming emails that I send or receive); "To: 1" in blue text. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of it?

I think T-Mobile might have been right when they advised me NOT to install unoffical 3rd party apps on this phone. Every app that I have tried has given me problems and I've ended up uninstalling it. I have a feeling I'll be doing that with this app as well and if I do...I'm done with 3rd party apps!

Thanks.
    To answer:

#1: The word 'subject" is omitted because it is a waste of space. They are trying to conserve screen space while giving you the most important information.

#2: The "To 1:" in blue text means that there was only 1 name that the message was sent to. If there were three addresses, it would read "To:3", thereby letting you know that you can expand the header area to see all the addresses.
    09-05-08 12:13 PM
    To answer:

#1: The word 'subject" is omitted because it is a waste of space. They are trying to conserve screen space while giving you the most important information.

#2: The "To 1:" in blue text means that there was only 1 name that the message was sent to. If there were three addresses, it would read "To:3", thereby letting you know that you can expand the header area to see all the addresses.
    OW-

Thanks for the explanation. Answer for #2 makes sense (I just wish they had this information in their FAQ)...I wouldn't have had to ask.

Answer #1 though still kinda throws me. They have all the other 'titles' in the headers, omitting the word "subject" is hardly helping to save space lol. I'm used to seeing "subject" in E-Mails so it kinda throws me off when I don't see it.

Well at least now I know I don't have yet another defective app. Thanks.
    09-05-08 12:34 PM
    Why are you giving me that link? That doesn't answer my questions about what I asked.
    Misunderstanding. I thought you wanted to know the difference between the two versions to decide if it was worth buying the more expensive one. I didn't even realize they still sold the basic one.

To the point of whether it's even necessary with 4.5 OS, if it worked cleanly under 4.5, I'd say yes. It's still a little buggy but they have proven from history that they'll work out the minor issues. There are tons of features that are much better than 4.5's HTML viewer. Those features definitely have enough value to me that I'm glad I spent the $30. If you decide to buy it, search for a coupon code first.

There are other threads here with thorough discussions on whether it's worth buying in light of 4.5's HTML viewer. Just search.
    09-05-08 12:37 PM
    Misunderstanding. I thought you wanted to know the difference between the two versions to decide if it was worth buying the more expensive one. I didn't even realize they still sold the basic one.

To the point of whether it's even necessary with 4.5 OS, if it worked cleanly under 4.5, I'd say yes. It's still a little buggy but they have proven from history that they'll work out the minor issues. There are tons of features that are much better than 4.5's HTML viewer. Those features definitely have enough value to me that I'm glad I spent the $30. If you decide to buy it, search for a coupon code first.

There are other threads here with thorough discussions on whether it's worth buying in light of 4.5's HTML viewer. Just search.
    Sheld...

Sorry if I came across a bit rude (just frustrated here lol). Yes I did want to know the differences but what I was more confused about was why when I tried the "standard version", the pictures were not showing in my emails (but rather links just like before I had even installed the app). Then when I took that off and put the trial of the pro version on, everything worked! I kinda feel like it was some kind of con to get people to buy the pro version. Why is there a standard version if the standard version isn't going to show the images in the mail? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose all together?

I didn't know there was a coupon for the pro version, I guess I gut suckered lol.
    09-05-08 12:56 PM
    I would like to know the difference too.

I read the descritions but I want to know if you switch BB's, will the program license allow you to re-install on your new BB?
    09-05-08 01:17 PM
    Sheld...

Sorry if I came across a bit rude (just frustrated here lol). Yes I did want to know the differences but what I was more confused about was why when I tried the "standard version", the pictures were not showing in my emails (but rather links just like before I had even installed the app). Then when I took that off and put the trial of the pro version on, everything worked! I kinda feel like it was some kind of con to get people to buy the pro version. Why is there a standard version if the standard version isn't going to show the images in the mail? Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose all together?

I didn't know there was a coupon for the pro version, I guess I gut suckered lol.
    Good question. I'm not clear what you did to get it working, but I'm glad it worked. I'm also wondering if they've done any work on the base version. I thought they were only developing pro version but that was really just an assumption.

This may be the same thing, but there's a .. .well I wouldn't call it a bug... fix to get Empower with a recent 4.5 OS to display properly... disable HTML in message options. Otherwise, somehow the messages set to display HTML setting prevents Empower from displaying properly.

Occasionally, coupon codes are posted in various BB bulletin boards. I also found once that searching for a coupon by BB store or program works.

See also http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ers-4-5-a.html (not for coupon code but for comments & fixes for Empower 4.5. Also, early in the thread there's a June comment that there's no standard 4.5 version, just pro. I don't know if that's still true.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-05-08 at 04:04 PM.
    09-05-08 03:40 PM
    Actually, I'm still getting hit or miss emails that sometimes are displayed by empower and sometimes not. And i've already made the above settings changes.
    09-05-08 04:57 PM
    At the moment, I haven't deleted Empower Pro, but I changed the settings so it's not being used. Occasionally when the built in HTML browser butchers a message, I'll try to open it with Empower, but right now it's.. as you said ajdaniel, hit and miss... still some bugs to work out and not 100% compatible with 4.5.
    09-05-08 07:32 PM
    When I was testing empower html pro, I still had to press get images and yes, to see the images. I'm using 4.5 also. I thought I read somewhere that empower was not working correctly with 4.5.

I also sent an email to empower, over a week ago and have yet to hear from them. I told them that I wanted to purchase, but had 1 question first. What a company.
    09-06-08 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD