I downloaded Empower HTML email viewer pro version today. While the text is an improvement over the standard email we see, the promised HTML capabilities don't work on my Tour. I am running 4.7.1.61 on the Tour. Whenever I try to view an HTML email that has many images, all I am getting is the text of the email, no images. I have all of the settings in the Empower viewer set to show all images. Even if I select get images nothing happens . The only way I can see anything other than text is to select the 'Toggle HTML/Text option', which takes you to the BB email viewer .
    I have all of the BB email settings set to download images automatically also.
    Has anyone got this program to work with a Tour and what have you done to make it work. Right now the app is pretty much worthless to me.
    12-08-09 09:55 PM
    Which version of Empower do you have on your BB? There is a version 3.0.80.7 Pro. Here are my settings:
    Adv. Opt.-default ALL
    Link as-Smart
    Auto more, remove extra line breaks,
    Show updates, pkt. Integ. are all checked
    Image Cache-
    Images in mssg.-load images
    Connection-default
    Enable cache
    Prefetch image
    Cache store on SD card 500KB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 09:31 AM
    You'll get best results posting this in the Third-Party Apps forum.
    12-09-09 10:00 AM
    I am using the same version of Empower that you are. I changed my settings to what you suggested and I still have the same results. When I click on an email that I know has images, all text shows, and nothing else. If I use the the toggle HTML or get images option I then get taken to the standard BB email viewer to get the images that way. Kind of defeats the purpose of the app. My phone is pretty much standard setup as I only have the gmail and ESPN apps as changes from the initial out of box setup.

Which version of Empower do you have on your BB? There is a version 3.0.80.7 Pro. Here are my settings:
    Adv. Opt.-default ALL
    Link as-Smart
    Auto more, remove extra line breaks,
    Show updates, pkt. Integ. are all checked
    Image Cache-
    Images in mssg.-load images
    Connection-default
    Enable cache
    Prefetch image
    Cache store on SD card 500KB

12-09-09 10:09 AM
    When you open an email, you have to open menu and select open or download attachment. Then select to open each attachment. They have never automatically opened in an email for me.
    Aside from this, here are my email option settings:
    Email settings- all set to NO
    S/MIME-encryption Opt-all checked
    Allow Encrypted Attachment-auto.
    Other than that, battery pull.

12-09-09 10:23 AM
    I see where your other suggestions are configured but I am not seeing these 2 as options on the email configuration settings or under any other area in the overall 'Options' icon.

S/MIME-encryption Opt-all checked
    Allow Encrypted Attachment-auto.
    Other than that, battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]
    12-09-09 12:42 PM
    On the home screen open messages icon, options, email settings and s/mime are in the list. These are not within the Empower app.

12-09-09 12:51 PM
    Sorry, I am not seeing s/mime in my list under email options or general options, or anywhere else. I have been all over the menus under various settings and I don't s/mime listed.

On the home screen open messages icon, options, email settings and s/mime are in the list. These are not within the Empower app.

12-09-09 01:47 PM
    Bummer; there's nothing else I can think of. Go to [email protected] they have been helpful for me in the past.

12-09-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD