As some of you have already seen the thread about a conflict between Email++ and WhatsApp, we would like to inform you that we are trying our best to reproduce it ourselves to solve this, and will continue to do so.

We have asked in the thread that someone having both Email++ and WhatsApp who are seeing the issue to contact us at support@devcellent.com. However, we have not heard from anyone about this since then.

We have also contacted WhatsApp, so that we can work together. We are waiting to get a response on that.

We never said if it is a WhatsApps issue as we did not want to speculate. WhatsApp is an established app has been there for a while. There could be bugs in the software, and that is why we are here to support. While we try to work things out, certain remarks really hurt:

any message u receive on Whatsapp messenger, u get a pop-up from Email++ as if it was an email. The developer claims this is a Whatsapp problem whereas that whatsapp message never appears in the default messaging app. Stay away from this crappy app!!
    Like I mentioned above, we never claimed that it is a WhatsApp issue. Therefore, we would like you to be the judge of such comments.
    02-17-12 06:52 AM
    I got it. Sorry, it's not the best of images. My screenshot app wouldn't work while the alert was front and center, so I had to use another phone where I couldn't get it to turn the flash off.

Attachment 107211

The part that's flashed out, it says

WhatsApp internal use. You can safely delete this message.
    I would also like to add that in my opinion, this is a WhatsApp issue (certainly not an Email++ issue.) For my day to day usage, I actually use a different pop-up/notifier app and I get these messages there too.

I should also add that in my case, these messages occur more often when WhatsApp has been idle for a while. If I'm actively exchanging messages, I don't get an alert every time I receive a message.
    Last edited by raino; 04-07-12 at 08:58 PM. Reason: additional information
    devcellent likes this.
    04-07-12 08:55 PM
    This happens with Super Popup from Shaosoft too. It is basically a WhatsApp issue.

What happens is this:

WhatsApp uses some sort of 'internal email/messaging' scheme to connect to their servers. Just try and switch off your connection and switch it back on, this will cause WhatsApp to send a 'message' to their servers to establish a connection, if a connection is made the server sends a message. It's this message that is being picked up by Email++ and Super Popup.

So Email++ and Super Popup are doing what they're supposed to do, and so is WhatsApp. It's just their way to establish a server connection and i doubt they will change it.

to Email++ and Super Popup developer:
    Maybe a 'filter' system can be implemented so we can surpress popup's coming from a certain source...
    Last edited by wout000; 04-08-12 at 04:31 AM.
    devcellent likes this.
    04-08-12 04:22 AM
    Thank you for your patience. We are going to step up here and provide a solution although this is not an Email++ issue at all!

We will be adding a block/filter action to Email++ called "Suppress Preview" on top of the existing Mark Read, Delete and Junk actions. That way you can define a filter that contains "WhatsApp" in the subject to suppress the preview popup.

Cool?
    04-09-12 02:15 PM
    Thank you for your patience. We are going to step up here and provide a solution although this is not an Email++ issue at all!

We will be adding a block/filter action to Email++ called "Suppress Preview" on top of the existing Mark Read, Delete and Junk actions. That way you can define a filter that contains "WhatsApp" in the subject to suppress the preview popup.

Cool?
    Very cool!
    04-10-12 01:47 AM
    This issue still persists unfortunately... Email++ is a SUPER app and one of its kind with excellent support, But I am having to uninstall it because of the conflict with Whatsapp right now as I have a lot of contacts on Whatsapp...

Its a SAD situation where one cannot blame either companies...
    So a consumer basically has to Choose which app is more important to him...

Hope someone from either companies takes a Humble First Step towards some kind of resolution to this...
    05-31-12 08:00 AM
    We have a build to resolve this by adding a new feature/filter called "Suppress Preview". It will let you disable preview of certain messages similar to "Block Message". We already sent you a PM with the OTA link. One user has already tested it. Please contact at support@devcellent.com if anyone would like to try it before we submit it to AppWorld for approval.

This issue still persists unfortunately... Email++ is a SUPER app and one of its kind with excellent support, But I am having to uninstall it because of the conflict with Whatsapp right now as I have a lot of contacts on Whatsapp...

Its a SAD situation where one cannot blame either companies...
    So a consumer basically has to Choose which app is more important to him...

Hope someone from either companies takes a Humble First Step towards some kind of resolution to this...
    06-05-12 11:32 AM
    Don't want to hijack this thread but I won Email++ and ended up deleting it. Every time I rebooted my phone it would ask me to set the permissions. Tried resetting them through Options, deleted/reinstalled it all with the same results. It was on a 9700 using OS 5.0.0.862 Any ideas on this?
    06-05-12 10:16 PM
    Don't want to hijack this thread but I won Email++ and ended up deleting it. Every time I rebooted my phone it would ask me to set the permissions. Tried resetting them through Options, deleted/reinstalled it all with the same results. It was on a 9700 using OS 5.0.0.862 Any ideas on this?
    Did you give it the permissions it was asking for? Upon reboots, I think it's typical behavior for apps to ask for the "essential" permissions that have been denied. I have a few other apps that do this as well.
    06-06-12 12:23 PM
    Did you give it the permissions it was asking for? Upon reboots, I think it's typical behavior for apps to ask for the "essential" permissions that have been denied. I have a few other apps that do this as well.
    Yes, gave it the options it wanted. Unfortunately it wanted them again. And again.
    06-06-12 08:45 PM
    Oh gotcha. Hmmm...that definitely sounds like a bug then. If you're interested in keeping the app, I'd say contact the dev(s). They're pretty active on CB, so I'd assume they're just are responsive by email.
    06-07-12 06:59 PM
    I am extremely happy to report that the new build sent to me for testing has PASSED with flying colours.
    One would expect nothing but the best from the developer and his support has to ranked right at the top.

The new version works flawlessly, and whatsapp messages do not show up on preview in this build. Should be submitted to app world ASAP imho!!!

Thanks a ton to the developer for addressing our concerns and being so hands on with his customers..!!! This kind of support should be etched in Gold!!!

EDIT: I am on OS 7.1.0.391
    Last edited by nickhil; 06-08-12 at 05:57 AM.
    devcellent likes this.
    06-08-12 05:37 AM
    I am extremely happy to report that the new build sent to me for testing has PASSED with flying colours.
    One would expect nothing but the best from the developer and his support has to ranked right at the top.

The new version works flawlessly, and whatsapp messages do not show up on preview in this build. Should be submitted to app world ASAP imho!!!

Thanks a ton to the developer for addressing our concerns and being so hands on with his customers..!!! This kind of support should be etched in Gold!!!

EDIT: I am on OS 7.1.0.391
    Glad hear that the update resolved the issue. Now you can use both WhatsApp & Email++ apps
    06-08-12 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD