I'm looking for an app to save email templates for my business email. I frequently respond to emails to customers and it would be a lot faster and easier to be able to save the templates. I found this one BlackBerry App World - Email Templates, but was hoping for something a bit cheaper or free. Thanks for any help!
    12-12-10 05:19 PM
    I don't know of any others, but the phone does have AutoText (Found in Options).

It can create shortcuts for phrases that are used often. I use it mainly for email signatures, but have found many other uses for it.

To create one just go to Options> AutoText> Click menu button> Select "New"
    In the "Replace" field put something like "sig" then in the "With" field put in the signature you want in your email. Now when you type "sig" then space it will substitute whatever you entered in the "With" field.

For example, I use a "wksig" and "slsig" for my different work and school signatures in my emails.
    12-12-10 05:41 PM
    I don't know of any others, but the phone does have AutoText (Found in Options).

It can create shortcuts for phrases that are used often. I use it mainly for email signatures, but have found many other uses for it.

To create one just go to Options> AutoText> Click menu button> Select "New"
    In the "Replace" field put something like "sig" then in the "With" field put in the signature you want in your email. Now when you type "sig" then space it will substitute whatever you entered in the "With" field.

For example, I use a "wksig" and "slsig" for my different work and school signatures in my emails.
    I will look at that... thanks!
    12-12-10 05:47 PM
    12-12-10 06:53 PM
    Is that similar to the quicklaunch app?
    12-12-10 07:21 PM
    Is that similar to the quicklaunch app?
    Not at all. I use QL and this app in very different ways. I have a folder marked Shortcut Manager and within that folder I have icons set up with a few different e-mail templates (along with other things).
    I just realized that Shortcut Manager is OS 6 only. (Not sure what OS you are using.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 07:27 PM
    Not at all. I use QL and this app in very different ways. I have a folder marked Shortcut Manager and within that folder I have icons set up with a few different e-mail templates (along with other things).
    I just realized that Shortcut Manager is OS 6 only. (Not sure what OS you are using.)

Bummer... I'm still using OS5. Thanks anyway.

12-12-10 08:13 PM
    Lol, easy fix - upgrade to OS6
    12-12-10 08:29 PM
    Lol, easy fix - upgrade to OS6
    I don't want to upgrade until the official OS comes out.
    12-12-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD