Hello,

Ok.....I have a Curve 8330 OS 4.5. I am looking for some kind of app so I can add filters to some of the email's I am receiving on my Curve. Right now I am running the trial version of BerryMail but having problems getting it to work with the filters I added. Can anyone suggest any other such applications and if so......your pros and cons on them. Many thanks.
    03-20-10 09:01 AM
    It too have a 8330 and am using the trial version of BerryMail. I could not get any filter to delete messages. Now I see I am not getting a lit LED on ANY incoming emails! (I have BerryBuzz too). (BTW... yes, I have done a battery pull, deleted filtes, and recreated new from scratch and based on incoming mail to no avail.) Emailed their tech support yesterday and have got nothing but an automated reply. I give up.

I have since uninstalled BerryMail. I have read some good things about "Mail Rule Manager" and they offer a free trial. Perhaps I will give that one a go.
    03-20-10 10:57 AM
    i am using MailMinder
    03-20-10 01:11 PM
    It too have a 8330 and am using the trial version of BerryMail. I could not get any filter to delete messages. Now I see I am not getting a lit LED on ANY incoming emails! (I have BerryBuzz too). (BTW... yes, I have done a battery pull, deleted filtes, and recreated new from scratch and based on incoming mail to no avail.) Emailed their tech support yesterday and have got nothing but an automated reply. I give up.

I have since uninstalled BerryMail. I have read some good things about "Mail Rule Manager" and they offer a free trial. Perhaps I will give that one a go.
    Hi Bill Johnson.

Thanks for the reply. I also went to the Bellshare website and posted my problem in their forum. I am still waiting for a reply. It's the weekend so that could be why no one has replied.

I also did a battery pull once I installed BerryMail. I have my rules set up to mark the email as opened. No matter what I try.....the BerryMail rules won't work for me. I think I am going to uninstall it for now. I'll check out Mail Rule Manager and Mail Minder. Thank you for your input.
    03-20-10 03:31 PM
    Well, Mojave, I will be curious to hear if you get any further info regarding Berrymail. That is too bad they didn't seem to get this app right before they released it. Curiously though, I am not reading too many other similar issues from other users (a few on the Crackberry blog, but there are ALWAYS a few for anything). Glad to hear another fellow 8330 user has had issues! :-)
    03-21-10 12:34 PM
    Well, Mojave, I will be curious to hear if you get any further info regarding Berrymail. That is too bad they didn't seem to get this app right before they released it. Curiously though, I am not reading too many other similar issues from other users (a few on the Crackberry blog, but there are ALWAYS a few for anything). Glad to hear another fellow 8330 user has had issues! :-)
    Hi Bill,

I did uninstall BerryMail. Right now I am trying out the trial version of Mail Rule Manager. I have some rules set up and now just waiting for those emails to arrive on my BB. I like the interface on this app.....clean and neat.

I tried Mail Minder yesterday.....but had issues with my LED light not blinking after a filter rule email arrived. The LED light would not blink again. I uninstalled Mail Minder and my LED is back to normal.

So here's hoping that Mail Rule Manger will work for me and be the one to keep. It has so many more options and I like that. Time will tell.

Have a great Sunday and thanks for your help.
    03-21-10 02:46 PM
    Glad to hear Mail Ruler Manager has potential, Mojave! Mail Minder seemed like it was a idential app to BerryMail from what I read from users, except no free trial. How did you get around that?? Anyway.... sounds like you might have winner there, but time, and a few emails, will tell! LOL! --Bill
    03-21-10 05:22 PM
    Glad to hear Mail Ruler Manager has potential, Mojave! Mail Minder seemed like it was a idential app to BerryMail from what I read from users, except no free trial. How did you get around that?? Anyway.... sounds like you might have winner there, but time, and a few emails, will tell! LOL! --Bill
    Hi Bill,

I went to the Mail Minder website and found they offered a free trial....which I downloaded. Needless to say.... I also had problems with Mail Minder. I set up a rule to have a certain email address set as "mark open". Well....it did not. It even messed up my LED light. Uninstalled it!!

Ok....last but not least.....I then tried Mail Rule Manager. It works!!!!! What a fantastic program. I emailed tech support on Sunday afternoon and received the answer to my questions on Monday morning. Their answers were step by step and very easy to understand. I love the clean interface......tons of rule options.....easy to read text (55+ eyes here)...and it worked!!!!! So.....Mail Rule Manger is a keeper for me. Right now I am running the trial....but will buy before that expires. I wasted money on BerryMail....good thing it was on sale.

Thanks Bill for all your help. I also appreciate everyone's feedback.
    03-22-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD