Hi,

Anyone know why, or how to fix, an issue I have where my gmail/yahoo mail application icons are not accessible from the switching bar (holding down blackberry button)?

It's like the BB doesn't know the email apps exist so wont put then on the switching bar ... very strange as it was working before I had to do a restore on my BB.

Thanks,
    Alan
    06-09-10 01:09 AM
    They won't show up unless you open them then switch away from them. The app switcher only shows open apps. Messages, BBM, Home, Phone, and Browser are the only ones that will always be there.

So get your emails by going through the main message folder or open your respective email account and make sure you hit the "end" button instead of the "back" button to get out of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 02:54 AM
    thanks ridesno159. Thats what I thought too but even opening the email apps and then switching out to another app and then trying to switch back the email apps (gmail) are not able to be selected from list.

Interesting observation today, if I am in yahoo mail and switch out to another app I can switch back into yahoo. Although, it shows just the "Messages" app...

It's almost as if the "Messages" app has priority over the other email and yahoo message icons/apps and nothing but the "Messages" app will be recognized...

hmmm, any help much appreciated.

g
    06-09-10 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD