I don't like how the mailbox on my phone is always connected to the server, ready to download my mail. I'd like to receive my email when I want. Is there an email app for this?
    03-15-12 08:14 AM
    I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the push email but google LogicMail and install this on your BB. Remove your email accounts from BIS or set a filter so it doesn't forward messages to the device.

Once you have LogicMail installed you can set it to check your mail when you want.

Hope this solves your query
    03-15-12 09:07 AM
    Thanks mark-d. On my last phone I could turn my email accounts off or on as well as push. I guess I would like to do that with either my BlackBerry or an app.
    03-15-12 09:27 AM
    Use Logicmai. I'm sure it can do Push mail but you can always exit out the app and it won't check at all.
    03-15-12 10:15 AM
    If you have a Gmail account you can use the Gmail app and just close the app when you don't want email to flow.
    03-15-12 11:30 AM
    Thanks trucky, but I don't use gmail, just hotmail and my server personal email address.
    I'll have a look at Logicmail, thanks mark-d.
    03-15-12 12:47 PM
    Well, I tried LogicMail. It worked for awhile then stopped working all together, oh well
    03-15-12 04:56 PM
    OK, I deleted LogicMail, then reinstalled it, and it's working. Keeping my fingers
    crossed
    03-16-12 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD