Can I get an invite to try this. I have the storm 9530. If so, please pm me.
    09-10-09 02:00 PM
    Can I get an invite to try this. I have the storm 9530. If so, please pm me.
    Do like the rest of us did and sign up on the website for your invite.
    09-10-09 02:04 PM
    Which website?

Do like the rest of us did and sign up on the website for your invite.
    09-10-09 02:09 PM
    Which website?
    edocrabs
    09-10-09 02:12 PM
    but to take full advantage of it you really need to have the Storm, Curve 8900, or a Tour with the auto focus capability and I'm not eligible for an upgrade for awhile. RATS!!! I'm deleting it.
    Really the functionality is there, you can still enter in the UPC code (like 12 digits) and have it do the exact same thing. Taking the picture is more of a novelty than anything else. Plus the best part about this app is the interface, such as being able to easily browse reviews, make lists, or find prices from a variety of stores, which is still intact for your phone.
    09-10-09 02:19 PM
    TY........The beta testing is closed. I just missed it by 37 minutes.

edocrabs
    Last edited by tmp3150; 09-10-09 at 06:54 PM.
    09-10-09 05:11 PM
    Ok I was a little harsh with my first comment about the app. Even though I cannot "scan" upc codes with my Bold's camera, the app itself is pretty useful. Its got a lot of nice features. The pages load smoothly. The abiltiy to quickly look through a list of prices, reviews, and pictures makes it convenient to use plus the option to put items into lists and share those items via email is a great feature. So, even though I have to manually input the upc or keyword, overall, I definitely give it a thumbs up. Nice job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 08:34 PM
    So I have finally got the UPC scanning to work on my 9530 that doesn't have the option to set the autofocus to "close". Zoom in as far as you can and then take the picture, it works everytime. When I tried to do it at 1x zoom it would never work. Program is working much better now.
    09-13-09 11:10 AM
    I have been playing with the app also and the app is very nice and runs very smooth on the Tour. I have to say this is very useful and cant wait to see what other updates you have for it.
    09-13-09 11:14 AM
    Definitely going to be a "must have killer app" once it's polished. I can easily imagine using it for comparison shopping in virtually every store where I'm spending more than a few bucks. Also great for pre-shopping, just to plan where you'll go to find what you need.

I'm also looking forward to the updates, and will be trying out each as they become available.
    09-13-09 01:21 PM
    so I'm guessing people in the USA have a "local" feature for local store prices? Canada I guess just doesn't show that option since its not available?
    09-13-09 03:22 PM
    so I'm guessing people in the USA have a "local" feature for local store prices? Canada I guess just doesn't show that option since its not available?
    No...don't feel left out -- the local shopping notion was must me getting ahead of myself and thinking of software like ShopSavvy (for Android), and assuming that these kinds of features would appear in later releases of edocrab.

Sorry!
    09-14-09 10:05 AM
    Oh no thats ok, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something! It is a great product though, can't wait for future updates, or when it becomes public, so I can recommend it to my friends.
    09-14-09 10:58 AM
    i'm looking forward to trying this app, when will the next test run/release be?

I signed up on the web page the morning of the 10th, but must have been too late!
    09-14-09 12:04 PM
    Pardon my ignorance. what the hee-ha is edocrab???? I even just went to the website and still couldn't figure it out. Does it read barcodes or somethin? What would one use this for? I'm not as stupid as this post sounds. I'm just confused...
    09-14-09 12:52 PM
    from what i've read, its a barcode reader that gives you the product information and lets you compare prices from other vendors
    09-14-09 01:11 PM
    missed the beta
    09-14-09 01:15 PM
    he twittered a little while ago and stated "this crab is almost cooked"
    09-14-09 01:26 PM
    Meaning he's finishing the upgrades?
    09-14-09 01:37 PM
    not sure...he may be cooking dinner???
    09-14-09 01:59 PM
    awsome app! just what i wanted !!!! now just need the keyring app like android has!
    09-26-09 07:19 PM
    No...don't feel left out -- the local shopping notion was must me getting ahead of myself and thinking of software like ShopSavvy (for Android), and assuming that these kinds of features would appear in later releases of edocrab.

Sorry!

What about UK users, I'm yet to get a successful hit on my scans.
    10-06-09 11:26 AM
    i DL'd edocrab yesterday. the scanner is really picky about photo quality. most of the things i scanned werent in the database.

it's a cool app. waiting for it to get better tho.
    10-06-09 11:47 AM
    Darn! Wish I had seen this in time to get in on the beta. At least I'm signed up on the website.
    10-07-09 07:13 PM
    I was able to dl edocrab anyway as it turns out. Now if it would just support the camera on the 8330 I'd be in hog-heaven! It's a pain keying in UPC codes but it"ll do in a pinch!
    10-08-09 07:44 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD