Story.. I have an unlocked tour from verizon.. Im using TMobile.... with the settings 2G/3G on and I always have EDGE, with my blackberry data and everything working fine. Today I used the app Tetherberry for about an hour or so. Disconnected it, and EDGE dropped to edge for the rest of the day cutting out ALL of my data... couldnt send messages on BBM, use Facebook, etc...

So I did a battery pull.... EDGE came back for about 10 min., then went back to edge...

Finally I had to re-register to the network and its been on EDGE ever since. Did Tetherberry do something to the network?? Am I going to have to re-register everytime after I use Tetherberry?? I cant afford to have "edge" for extended periods of time.
    12-30-09 10:34 PM
    I have used TetherBerry a lot on Verizon and have not noticed a corresponding switch from 1XEV to 1xev. I suspect there was a network issue independent of TetherBerry. You can easily check it. Use TetherBerry again for an hour. If the problem recurs, you know the source and the solution. If you're in a situation where TetherBerry is your only network access, re-registering after you're finished using it is a very minor inconvenience. If the problem doesn't recur, then the first occurrence probably was not related to TetherBerry.
    12-31-09 09:07 AM
    I have used TetherBerry a lot on Verizon and have not noticed a corresponding switch from 1XEV to 1xev. I suspect there was a network issue independent of TetherBerry. You can easily check it. Use TetherBerry again for an hour. If the problem recurs, you know the source and the solution. If you're in a situation where TetherBerry is your only network access, re-registering after you're finished using it is a very minor inconvenience. If the problem doesn't recur, then the first occurrence probably was not related to TetherBerry.
    Thats what I did after much frustration at the end of the night. I re-registered to TMobile's network and have had EDGE ever since. So Im still suspecting Tetherberry did something to my phone's data services.

The battery pull didnt even work. Having to keep re-registering over and over after using Tetherberry wont hurt anything will it?
    12-31-09 11:10 AM
    I'll be surprised if using TetherBerry causes you to have to re-register on a regular basis, but re-registering won't hurt anything. Do it whenever you need to.
    12-31-09 02:02 PM
    I too use the 9630 on T-mobile with everything unlocked. Though i never use tetherberry, don't even see the use now that DM does the deed for me.

I also use NetworkAcc to compliment the slow speeds, works faily well under the right conditions.

Please enlighten me if im missing a critical feature that makes tetherberry a great purchase. I've been teetering here and there on the matter but never got a definite answer. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Last edited by syllableslayer; 12-31-09 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Forgive me for the large picture, but its the only way the Text would be legible. Thanks
    12-31-09 02:20 PM
    If T-Mobile's tethering plan works for you and they do not charge for it, then I don't know any reason why you'd need or want to use TetherBerry.
    12-31-09 02:41 PM
    With their new ad champaign about unlimited without contracts, they allow tethering on their data plans for free.
    12-31-09 03:32 PM
    Little update, used Tetherberry again last nigt for about an hour. And EDGE came back and stayed right after I was finished using it.

Only weird thing left is, while using Tetherberry, it goes into edge...

And TMobile allows free tethering with bb data plans? How do I go about setting up a tether with TMobile?
    01-01-10 12:53 PM
    If you have DM 5, it shows up as an option when you connect your tour. You just have to have an Even more PLUS+ plan with them and web enabled, you're set as it falls under the plan.
    01-01-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD