I have to say I installed and uninstalled within 24 hours.

Reasons are

- Out of all my phonebook and facebook I had only one contact
    - It seemed to eat my battery when not in use
    - The font in the input text window was far to small.

The battery was the main reason however for me, as I am out of the house for nearly 8 hours a day I don't want my phone to be dead within 6 hours, and only for one contact.

I did like the speed however when communicating with my friend which was an improvement on my Whatsapp speed and the overall look is nice a clean too.

I uninstalled with the thought of returning in 6 months to see how I feel about it.
    09-16-11 08:09 AM

Reasons are

The battery was the main reason however for me, as I am out of the house for nearly 8 hours a day I don't want my phone to be dead within 6 hours, and only for one contact.

I did like the speed however when communicating with my friend which was an improvement on my Whatsapp speed and the overall look is nice a clean too.

I uninstalled with the thought of returning in 6 months to see how I feel about it.
    From what I understand, apps without push support will destroy battery life constantly checking for new notifications. That's one of the reasons I'm holding off for now. The 9900 doesn't exactly have battery juice to spare heh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 08:16 AM
    TBH. No. I have to give your XMS version the benefit of the doubt. It looks good and the description sound promising. Especially since you mention many future updates and additions.

However, I currently use LiveProfile, and have done so since the beginning, and I am quite pleased with it's performance. I consider my SMS use just that. I really don't have any use for a secondary PC application either. Also, considering that since inception, LiveProfile has gathered quite a following across all platforms and my fairly large contact list has been already been established. It would take a lot to get all of my contacts to embrace a new application. It took a lot for them to adopt LiveProfile too. Some may jump in the waters, but I don't have a need to have a second IM client on my device to maintain contact with them.

I wish you all the best with your release and I will keep a close eye on the general reception, actual adoption, as well as use. Those would be the only factors that would make me consider switching. So we'll see.

Good Luck!
    Hi again,

thanks for the honest and details reply. Always interesting and insightful to hear users' opinions and feelings about these kinds of apps.

I totally see your point on sticking to LiveProfile as you have a lot of contacts there already.

We are constantly working on making our app better: introducing more features and bringing in to more platforms.
    Please keep an eye on us, and hopefully see you soon among our users!

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 08:49 AM

Reasons are

Hi!

Thanks for installing eBuddy XMS and giving a feedback, very much appreciated!

We are aware of the battery issue and doing our best to improve it. However, as we don't have push services right now, it is taking more time to expected to improve battery performance. For now we have an option to exit the app, which means it won't be running in the background and drain the battery. This option is under "Menu" button.

We 'll definitely consider an option to modify your font. What kind of phone do you have? The case is, that if the font is too big, that you won't be able to see much of the conversation.

It's a pity to hear you only had one contact. However, we tried to implement several ways to invite your contacts to XMS: you can send 25 free SMSs and also invite them by e-mail.

We hope to see you back to our users soon, keep an eye on our updates on Twitter (@XMS) and Facebook!

Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    Last edited by Aleksandra_XMS; 09-16-11 at 08:59 AM.
    09-16-11 08:54 AM
    From what I understand, apps without push support will destroy battery life constantly checking for new notifications. That's one of the reasons I'm holding off for now. The 9900 doesn't exactly have battery juice to spare heh

Hi!

Thanks for the comment.
    We are aware of the battery issue and, you're right, the fact that we don't have push yet, influences battery life.

For now we have an option to exit the app, which means it won't be running in the background and drain the battery.

Hope this explains more about how XMS works.
    Feel free to drop more questions!

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 08:58 AM
    We 'll definitely consider an option to modify your font. What kind of phone do you have? The case is, that if the font is too big, that you won't be able to see much of the conversation.
    Cheers,
    Aleksandra

The phone in the Curve 8520.

I forgot to add on my short post your customer service is good. I messaged asking for a Twitter friends scan feature and received my response in less than 24 hours.

I will be popping back to see of any updates and I am Following on Twitter to watch for updates too.
    09-16-11 10:10 AM
    Hi?

Can your XMS application communicate with telco SMSC and MMSC?
    I mean, like native BB SMS client and MMS Client embeded in blackberry phone.
    Your XMS need to be able to send normal SMS and MMS also. This may be basic.

Otherwise, just another closed massagenger like the blackberry messagenger.
    In this case, what is benefit from your application to blackberry users?

Thanks
    Last edited by corssan; 09-16-11 at 11:10 AM.
    09-16-11 11:07 AM
    Ebuddyxms at Blackberry bold 9000 is not working and when I send feedback I receive a standard mail like do you have signal and uninstall other sms app. And is your internet working and give permission after installing.
    Please guys I'm not stupid I explain with pictures that I received the sms but ebuddy is waiting in stage 2 for the sms I already received and do nothing more then waiting for sms.
    So sad but not working at Bold 9000 here. even after a clean os installation without no other app. And nothing more then ebuddyxms installed it waits for sms.
    More I can't do.

Enjoy DelftEo

Last edited by delfteo; 09-16-11 at 01:37 PM.
    09-16-11 12:12 PM
    Have this app and really like it.

Definitely not better than BBM (or even WhatsApp at this point). But its a cool IM app.

I like that you can add by PIN or phone number. Sending pictures is good too, but there isn't anything for status updates yet.

Also, is it just me, or are there no push notifications? I don't get any icon/notifier when I get a new message, I have to open the app to see if I have a new message.
    09-16-11 12:37 PM

Definitely not better than BBM (or even WhatsApp at this point). But its a cool IM app.

I like that you can add by PIN or phone number. Sending pictures is good too, but there isn't anything for status updates yet.

Also, is it just me, or are there no push notifications? I don't get any icon/notifier when I get a new message, I have to open the app to see if I have a new message.
    There's no push (yet). A few posts back they said they're working on it (or at least that's how I read it)

09-16-11 01:42 PM
    There's no push (yet). A few posts back they said they're working on it (or at least that's how I read it)

Alright cool. Cause thats a major thing for me, especially when competing with BBM, whatsapp, etc etc.

Still a nice UI for a messaging client.
    09-16-11 03:13 PM
    It does work pretty good (found the PIN). Definitely seems to work better on sending attachments (vs. LiveProfile).

Hopefully they get the battery drain issue worked on. It doesn't really make sense to use a chat app, just to have to quit the app entirely when not in conversation (just to save battery). It would make for some very long lag in conversations when trying to chat with people who are offline (especially since there isn't any status notification other than away duration).
    09-17-11 01:24 PM
    In my honest opinion, I think Ebuddy should have waited for push before releasing. The battery drain is going to put a lot of people off of it, for those who don't understand push... They just see an app and their battery dying. IM+ can get away with it because people understand WLM/Yahoo/AIM. But when it comes to someline along the lines of WhatsApp, BlackBerry users think BBM/Always Connected/push (even if they don't actually know it).

I do hope this catches on, I use WhatsApp right now, but I don't like the non-optional address book integration. It'd be nice to switch

09-17-11 01:42 PM
    Yes, Battery drain was a huge issue for me. I ended up 'exiting' the app for now, waiting for some updates.
    09-17-11 04:39 PM
    The phone in the Curve 8520.

I forgot to add on my short post your customer service is good. I messaged asking for a Twitter friends scan feature and received my response in less than 24 hours.

I will be popping back to see of any updates and I am Following on Twitter to watch for updates too.
    Hi again!
    Thanks for kind words!

Hope to see you soon among our users.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-19-11 06:52 AM
    Hi?

Can your XMS application communicate with telco SMSC and MMSC?
    I mean, like native BB SMS client and MMS Client embeded in blackberry phone.
    Your XMS need to be able to send normal SMS and MMS also. This may be basic.

Otherwise, just another closed massagenger like the blackberry messagenger.
    In this case, what is benefit from your application to blackberry users?

Thanks
    Hi!
    Thanks for your questions.

XMS is a cross-platform messenger, so you can also communicate with your friends who have iPhones and Android phones, as well as Blackberry, of course. As for the moment, we don't provide ability to SMS/MMS your friends who don't have XMS installed.

Moreover, if you have XMS installed and connected to Facebook, you can use our Web XMS add-on to message with your friends from your computer, as it is not always comfortable to use a smartphone.

I hope it answers your questions. Let me know if I can be of any help further.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-19-11 06:55 AM
    Ebuddyxms at Blackberry bold 9000 is not working and when I send feedback I receive a standard mail like do you have signal and uninstall other sms app. And is your internet working and give permission after installing.
    Please guys I'm not stupid I explain with pictures that I received the sms but ebuddy is waiting in stage 2 for the sms I already received and do nothing more then waiting for sms.
    So sad but not working at Bold 9000 here. even after a clean os installation without no other app. And nothing more then ebuddyxms installed it waits for sms.
    More I can't do.

Enjoy DelftEo

Hi!
    Thanks for your comments.
    Can you please give me your ticket number so I can check your request?

Unfortunately, we have some issues with SMS verification stage in some countries. Where are you situated?

We are working on solving the issue but unfortunately we don't have a universal solution for all users yet.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Aleksandra
    09-19-11 06:59 AM

Hi there!
    Thanks for comments and kind words.
    We are constantly working on making the application better.

Can you share your ideas on how we can improve the application? We'd love to hear your feedback.

About notifications, you should be able to see a red badge on XMS icon when you receive a new message. Please also read more here on our support page: How do I change my notifications for incoming messages (on Blackberry)? : eBuddy XMS Support

Thanks again for your feedback!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-19-11 07:05 AM
    Hi all,

we are aware of the battery draining issue and we are working hard on improving battery performance.

Thanks a lot for your comments and feel free to drop questions!

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-19-11 08:16 AM
    Hi, I'm currently using eBuddy XMS the fact that I can use it to message my contacts not only on my BlackBerry 9900, but even on my iPad and Web! That to me is a value added service, something BBM and WhatsApp are not able to do... "Thumbs UP"

Like the interface! Color used for it look coolz!

For notification, I will need to restart my BB in order for me to set the notification tone for this App.

It will be good that new incoming message appear in the "All Message" folder in BB.

I'm sure other features added will further improve the experience... besides it's still Beta!

Well done!
    09-24-11 07:03 AM
    Any updates coming to address battery life and push notifications? (plus LED notications)?

Oh, and will it be applied to apps like BeBuzz and Leave it On for custom notifications?

Thanks! Can't wait for the update. Could be a real hit!(especially with the web integration)
    09-25-11 04:35 PM
    Any updates coming to address battery life and push notifications? (plus LED notications)?

Oh, and will it be applied to apps like BeBuzz and Leave it On for custom notifications?

Thanks! Can't wait for the update. Could be a real hit!(especially with the web integration)
    Ask Bellshare (BerryBuzz) http://feedback.bellshare.com/forums/134069-bebuzz and ShaoSoft (Leave It On) about their apps. Ebuddy has no control over that. I'm sure ShaoSoft has a thread for Leave It On somewhere on CB, but mobile seach is blah.. Sorry

09-25-11 04:46 PM
    Hi, I'm currently using eBuddy XMS the fact that I can use it to message my contacts not only on my BlackBerry 9900, but even on my iPad and Web! That to me is a value added service, something BBM and WhatsApp are not able to do... "Thumbs UP"

Like the interface! Color used for it look coolz!

For notification, I will need to restart my BB in order for me to set the notification tone for this App.

It will be good that new incoming message appear in the "All Message" folder in BB.

I'm sure other features added will further improve the experience... besides it's still Beta!

Well done!
    Hi,

thanks a lot for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

You can change your notification settings for Blackberry you should do the following:

Press "Menu" button
    Select "Settings"
    Scroll down to "Notifications" and choose "System properties"
    Adjust notifications as you would like to.

Thanks for the suggestions about "All messages" inbox, we will include this feature in our roadmap and you'll see it in the nearest future!

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    09-26-11 04:39 AM

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your comment and feedback.

We will look into these apps that you mentioned, this looks interesting!

Let me know if you have any questions regarding XMS.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-26-11 04:47 AM
    it's unrelated i know. but is there any way/place to properly request an (good) Ebuddy client (with push) for WLM/Yahoo/etc like is offered for other platforms? I'd give my first born for an better WLM client...
    09-26-11 08:18 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD