Dear Blackberry users,

My name is Aleksandra and I am a community manager at eBuddy XMS.

I would like to introduce you to eBuddy XMS application. This is a free real-time messaging app for Android and iPhone, which is now also available for Blackberry!

I decided to start the thread where you can ask all questions about the application and share your ideas. Please feel free to do so; we are really interested in hearing your opinion!

How to download eBuddy XMS for my Blackberry?
    Go to eBuddy XMS - Do more than SMS from your Blackberry browser to download an app for your phone!

Moreover, you will also be able to access from your computer using Web XMS. If you have XMS installed on your phone and Facebook connected to your account, you can access XMS through https://web.ebuddyxms.com/#.

More information at eBuddy XMS - Do more than SMS and our support page: www.ebuddyxms.zendesk.com

We also want to invite you to our beta community. You will be able to test latest features and profive your feedback. To subscribe, please follow this link: eBuddy XMS beta on Facebook | Facebook

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Happy XMSing,
    Aleksandra
    eBuddy XMS - Do more than SMS
    Twitter
    https://www.facebook.com/ebuddyxms.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    09-14-11 08:32 AM
    TBH. It looks pretty good, but spamming other messenger threads is not cool.
    And, why is my post being redacted for this statement?
    I guess spam is ok, but an opinion of it is not.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-14-11 at 09:05 AM.
    Xopher likes this.
    09-14-11 08:54 AM
    I agree. It does look good. But, very poor form spamming the other threads.

Update: Kudos for removing the spam from the other threads (either to the OP or moderator).
    Last edited by Xopher; 09-14-11 at 01:26 PM.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-14-11 09:00 AM
    Isn't ebuddy already the registered trademark for a multi client chat app?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 10:03 AM
    What makes this any better then Whatsapp (other than web access which I don't need)...ie..why would I switch?
    alexislgz likes this.
    09-14-11 12:19 PM
    I think this is by the same company, just a different app. The original eBuddy links other IM apps (like AOL, YM, Google Talk...). This one is just similar to LiveProfile, WhatsApp, Kik, and BBM, using their own system for cross-platform communication.
    09-14-11 01:28 PM
    I think this is by the same company, just a different app. The original eBuddy links other IM apps (like AOL, YM, Google Talk...). This one is just similar to LiveProfile, WhatsApp, Kik, and BBM, using their own system for cross-platform communication.
    Yeah, I have the original eBuddy on my CM7 nook, although I use IM+ more.
    You could be right, they might be the original company (doesn't look like the OP is monitoring this thread) but if they are, IMO it would make a lot more sense for them to have this as a feature of eBuddy and release an entire I'm client for BlackBerry than to just release this one feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 01:33 PM
    So would you be able to use your msn email on this to use? I remember using ebuddy for iphone because live messenger on iphone was whack!.. But good to see it for blackberry now

09-14-11 07:44 PM
    TBH. It looks pretty good, but spamming other messenger threads is not cool.
    And, why is my post being redacted for this statement?
    I guess spam is ok, but an opinion of it is not.
    Hi,
    thanks for reply. I promise not to spam in the future

Did you try XMS? What do you think?

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-15-11 08:51 AM
    I agree. It does look good. But, very poor form spamming the other threads.

Update: Kudos for removing the spam from the other threads (either to the OP or moderator).
    Hi!
    Thanks for the feedback. I promise not to spam in the future
    Did you install XMS? I am really curious to hear your opinion.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-15-11 08:52 AM

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Hi,

indeed we are. We have eBuddy application and web messenger to connect your multiply chat networks together (gtalk, msn, etc.).

We have recently launched XMS for iPhone and Android and now it is also available for Blackberry. Did you try it out?

eBuddy XMS is a messaging application, you can send pictures and messages to your friends.

Moreover, you can use XMS from your web browser in Web XMS, which makes our app pretty unique in the market.

Looking forward to hear your opinion.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-15-11 08:53 AM
    What makes this any better then Whatsapp (other than web access which I don't need)...ie..why would I switch?
    Hi!
    Thanks for writing!

eBuddy XMS has a unique feature: Web XMS, which allows you to use XMS from your computer's browser. This is pretty useful, as you don't want to use your phone all the time.

We are having more exciting features coming out soon, keep an eye on the updates!

Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    eBuddy XMS - Do more than SMS
    09-15-11 08:55 AM
    So would you be able to use your msn email on this to use? I remember using ebuddy for iphone because live messenger on iphone was whack!.. But good to see it for blackberry now

Hi!
    For msn and other IMs we have eBuddy application and website, which you're probably familiar now.

XMS is linked to your number and/or Facebook account, so you can discover friends who also have XMS installed on their smartphones.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    09-15-11 08:57 AM
    I'm always a little cautious about any app that uses my mobile number to connect with people. My friends have my mobile number (I gave it to them). But I chat with a lot of other people who I've never met before. I like being social, and I'm known to help people with BB and Android issues, I just don't want the people I'm helping calling me at all hours of the night. It's one of the reasons I don't use WhatsApp. That's where BBM and LiveProfile have a slight advantage (using PINs) since you can chat without giving out your personal information. Plus, you can set status/away messages so people know when you're not available to chat.

I installed XMS. It works fine. I don't know too many people who use it yet, so my buddy list has a grand total of one person on it.

I think the one distinct advantage XMS has is the ability to log on via PC. I understand XMS is more in competition with SMS than BBM, but when mentioning BBM, LiveProfile, Kik, or any of the other chat apps, you have to look at features like group chat, send/receive confirmations, and status/away notifications (more than just how long it has been since they last communicated).

I'm just trying to figure out what makes XMS stand out amongst all the various cross-platform chat apps already out...?
    09-15-11 07:00 PM
    i downloaded it the other day to try it out and i must say the conversation thread looks way better than whatsapp. easier to read and not so cluttered, but what I didn't like about it is that it didn't support group chat!! Has this been addressed?
    09-15-11 07:46 PM
    hello Aleksandra_XMS,
    I'm curious why this Ebuddy app isn't available in App World. Is there a part of the agreement that Ebuddy doesn't like, and is that something I should be concerned about from a privacy/security point of view?
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-15-11 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo
    09-15-11 07:47 PM
    Hi,

indeed we are. We have eBuddy application and web messenger to connect your multiply chat networks together (gtalk, msn, etc.).

We have recently launched XMS for iPhone and Android and now it is also available for Blackberry. Did you try it out?

eBuddy XMS is a messaging application, you can send pictures and messages to your friends.

Moreover, you can use XMS from your web browser in Web XMS, which makes our app pretty unique in the market.

Looking forward to hear your opinion.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    Any plans to combine the XMS feature with the multiplatform chat feature and roll it out as just one app for BlackBerry? That would be pretty sweet.
    I didn't try XMS, I don't have any real need for an SMS replacement.
    09-15-11 08:22 PM
    Ive been using ebuddy XMS since it came out and i'm really in love with it.
    Its cute, works well on my BB 9900 and the best thing it delivers FAST!

I use Whatsapp and LiveProfile for chatting with Android and iPhone users but whatsapp is too slow delivering messages and is not free, LiveProfile is too buggy on BB, you cant send pics and just wont work well on BB (still).

But ebuddy XMS is working great, i love the PIN invitation to keep things more under control, but the best thing is that it delivers fast! Just like BBM

Still at in Beta status it needs some improvements, like sending videos and VoiceNote, also i cant view my contacts PIN in case i want to send it to another contact to add it, also i cant change the display picture on my BB.

But i understand its a Beta, i hope the full version fix all this minor bugs and the most important, that it remains FREE!

Excellent job ebuddy guys!

Last edited by wilfreb; 09-15-11 at 10:46 PM.
    09-15-11 10:40 PM
    @Xopher

Hi Xopher,

thank you so much for your feedback.

eBuddy XMS has also XMS PIN feature, which allows you to share PIN with your friends and add them by XMS PIN without giving out your own PIN. You can find your XMS PIN in Blackberry by pressing "Menu" button - "Add friend". You will see your XMS PIN below the field where you can add friends by PIN or mobile number.

I also encourage you to invite your friends to use XMS: you can send them SMS and email via "Tell the world how great XMS is" option from "Menu button".

We also have send/delivered/read confirmation in our application, and working on other exciting features too. We decided not to implement status option as it overlaps with IM value proposition. Instead, you can see when the user was online last time on XMS.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 03:20 AM
    i downloaded it the other day to try it out and i must say the conversation thread looks way better than whatsapp. easier to read and not so cluttered, but what I didn't like about it is that it didn't support group chat!! Has this been addressed?
    Hi,

thank you for the feedback, we worked hard on making our interface nice and intuitive for users!

We are working on bringing more features to the app in the future, so I invite you to join our beta community and be the first one to try out the newest features.

Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 03:21 AM
    Any plans to combine the XMS feature with the multiplatform chat feature and roll it out as just one app for BlackBerry? That would be pretty sweet.
    I didn't try XMS, I don't have any real need for an SMS replacement.
    Hi,
    thank for writing.

As for the moment we don't have such plans.

I'd recommend you to try XMS as it is a free messaging application and, taking that you have unlimited internet package, it will reduce your sms bill considerably, as well as your friends' bill. Moreover, you can send pictures and always know when your xms was delivered and read by your XMS contact.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 03:23 AM
    Ive been using ebuddy XMS since it came out and i'm really in love with it.
    Its cute, works well on my BB 9900 and the best thing it delivers FAST!

I use Whatsapp and LiveProfile for chatting with Android and iPhone users but whatsapp is too slow delivering messages and is not free, LiveProfile is too buggy on BB, you cant send pics and just wont work well on BB (still).

But ebuddy XMS is working great, i love the PIN invitation to keep things more under control, but the best thing is that it delivers fast! Just like BBM

Still at in Beta status it needs some improvements, like sending videos and VoiceNote, also i cant view my contacts PIN in case i want to send it to another contact to add it, also i cant change the display picture on my BB.

But i understand its a Beta, i hope the full version fix all this minor bugs and the most important, that it remains FREE!

Excellent job ebuddy guys!

Hi Wilfreb!
    Thanks a lot for your feedback!

We are working on bringing more features to XMS in the future. Join our beta community on Facebook and be the first one to try new features.

By the way, you can connect XMS with Facebook account and synchronize your Facebook profile picture with XMS display picture. Try it out and let us know what you think.

Happy XMSing,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 03:35 AM
    hello Aleksandra_XMS,
    I'm curious why this Ebuddy app isn't available in App World. Is there a part of the agreement that Ebuddy doesn't like, and is that something I should be concerned about from a privacy/security point of view?
    Hi Juggalo,

thanks for asking.
    We have submitted our application to App World but it is taking more time than expected to approve the application. You should not be concerned about privacy/security as we use secure connection and your information is encrypted.

We decided to launch the application through our own portal, as we wanted to bring the app to the users as soon as possible. We hope to be available on the App World soon.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
    Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    09-16-11 03:36 AM
    Hi Juggalo,

thanks for asking.
    We have submitted our application to App World but it is taking more time than expected to approve the application. You should not be concerned about privacy/security as we use secure connection and your information is encrypted.

We decided to launch the application through our own portal, as we wanted to bring the app to the users as soon as possible. We hope to be available on the App World soon.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
    Cheers,
    Aleksandra
    Right on, thanks for explaining. Not the first time I've heard of RIM taking their time with the approval (or rejection) of App World submissions hah.

09-16-11 03:46 AM
    Hi,
    Did you try XMS? What do you think?

Best,
    Aleksandra
    TBH. No. I have to give your XMS version the benefit of the doubt. It looks good and the description sound promising. Especially since you mention many future updates and additions.

However, I currently use LiveProfile, and have done so since the beginning, and I am quite pleased with it's performance. I consider my SMS use just that. I really don't have any use for a secondary PC application either. Also, considering that since inception, LiveProfile has gathered quite a following across all platforms and my fairly large contact list has been already been established. It would take a lot to get all of my contacts to embrace a new application. It took a lot for them to adopt LiveProfile too. Some may jump in the waters, but I don't have a need to have a second IM client on my device to maintain contact with them.

I wish you all the best with your release and I will keep a close eye on the general reception, actual adoption, as well as use. Those would be the only factors that would make me consider switching. So we'll see.

Good Luck!
    09-16-11 05:01 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD