Hey guys, anyone know if ebuddy is available for the BB Bold or another app that let's you use FB chat? Thanks
    10-21-09 11:11 AM
    beejive, IM+, palringo, nimbuzz
    palringo & nimbuzz are free
    10-21-09 11:28 AM
    I've got Palringo installed on my phone and it used to work fine however over the last week or so I just get a message that says connection lost, re-connecting and consequently it doesn't really work anymore.
    10-21-09 04:34 PM
    Instango, sometimes connection problems but when online all works ok. Small footprint and good batt usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 05:49 PM
    No! dont get instango! itll disconnect you every 5 minutes. and then when you want to sign back on, you get some error. that app was a waste of my phone memory. i dont think beejive has facebook.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 10-21-09 at 08:28 PM. Reason: profanity
    10-21-09 06:15 PM
    I've been trying Palringo for 2 days, to open my fb chat, gtalk & msn.
    I thought I could to save some app memory, by using it and uninstall RIM's gtalk & msn.
    I feel it consumes the battery quite fast.
    I run 4.6.0.303 on my Bold and I used to only consume less than 40% of the battery's life in 6 hours of normal use. But with Palringo running, it consumes 70% of the battery's life in 6 hours of normal use.
    What's more, it operates with trackball-click which I highly avoid.

Wanna try Nimbuzz. It installed allright. But the app keep failing to contact the server at the initial registration. The same goes with Mig33.

Returning back to Ebuddy, the download path (for blackberry) seem lost at get.ebuddy.com.

Anymore free IM app to try?

10-24-09 02:44 PM
    i dont think beejive has facebook.
    I heard that the newest version has fb chat.
    I used to use Beejive on my old O2 Atom Life, it's free for Winmob. Sad that it's not with RIM.

10-24-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD