This may be a stupid question, but how can I silence all parts of my phone (phone/apps/texts/alarm)? I downloaded a game from appworld, but it plays an opening song (very loudly mind you) everytime I open it. There is an option to turn off sounds in the game, but not until you get to the main menu...so the opening tune always plays. I've tried using all the default profiles (vibrate/quiet/profiles off) and I've tried hitting the mute button before opening the game...but I can't figure out how to just silence my whole Blackberry so I don't have to listen to the stupid song. Is there a simple solution I'm overlooking that's gonna make me feel like an idiot?
    06-24-09 08:09 PM
    No, there isn't a way of silencing the sound. Since the song is dedicated to the game (especially the start of it), you have to deal with it. Sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 08:13 PM
    Thanks. Is is just me, or is that a design flaw in the BB system? Just seems to me you should be able to have control over all sounds on the system as you do on a PC or any other cellphone I've owned.

06-24-09 08:24 PM
    Well it's not really something RIM (the company that makes BB's) has any control of! It's the creators of the game that have the ability to give you that option and they just didn't make that option available

06-24-09 08:28 PM
    You could try deleting the sound module if there is one lol.

06-24-09 08:42 PM
    yea it is the creator they dont integrate teh bb profile
    like i was using palringo on off mode and got msged maade a sound, scared me to death lol, it was like 4 in the morning
    06-24-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD