Hi there,

Brand new to Blackberry Storm as of Saturday and still fumbling around trying to figure things out. I'm starting to really love it!

After several days of absolute and total frustration trying to find a SIMPLE way to sync my (now) just previous Palm's calendar and tasks data over to my BBS, I finally gave up and decided to just get a nifty calendar/PIM and input the data manually. Wonder how long it'll take me to re-do my entire life? Ugh ......

I wasn't happy at all with Storm's default calendar. You don't have to revisit this, I don't have Outlook and I'm out of ways to have a real calendar on my desktop that syncs to my Storm. Would be so much easier to type everything on a desktop. I tried the Google calendar sync thing ... nightmare. Why the world must revolved around Bill Gates is beyond me. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to purchase a version of Office so I can have a full version of Outlook.

Anyway ...... after about a 100 thoughts of "why did I ever dooooooo this?" and "I want my Palm!" when trying about 6-8 different calendar/PIM type programs I finally bit the bullet and purchased e-Mobile Planner and e-Mobile Today Professional. I either didn't like the other ones or couldn't get them to work, ran into some of the same issues I read about in forums here and there that others did. Seems none of these apps are truly Storm ready so you take your chances and I must have gotten lucky.

Well, I really love these two little programs and so far I'm not having any problems w/my Storm. I probably only needed one of them, but you sure don't find much of a description of features and nowhere have I found a manual or help files on how to use them. Do the software makers just expect you to figure it out on your own how to use their programs or what?

Here are the problems I really need help w/at this point:

1) Is there a way to enter info into one calendar/task and have it show up in both programs or maybe to merge the two as one calendar? I really only need one calendar, but if I must have two, I need them to be identical without me having to input the data manually in both. It's going to be time consuming enough to re-enter my life ONCE manually from my Palm.

2) In e-Mobile Today Pro, I cannot get any month view and when I click on "Calendar" in the upper right menu (which I found by accident and then promptly lost) I wind up at the default Storm calendar. I would like the e-Mobile calendar to show up when I first open either program along with things like the tasks etc. All I get are the lists of tasks etc, no month view calendar. I can click to month view in e-Mobile Planner but not in e-Mobile Today Pro.

If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Deb
    07-01-09 05:49 AM
    Hi there,

Brand new to Blackberry Storm as of Saturday and still fumbling around trying to figure things out. I'm starting to really love it!

After several days of absolute and total frustration trying to find a SIMPLE way to sync my (now) just previous Palm's calendar and tasks data over to my BBS, I finally gave up and decided to just get a nifty calendar/PIM and input the data manually. Wonder how long it'll take me to re-do my entire life? Ugh ......

I wasn't happy at all with Storm's default calendar. You don't have to revisit this, I don't have Outlook and I'm out of ways to have a real calendar on my desktop that syncs to my Storm. Would be so much easier to type everything on a desktop. I tried the Google calendar sync thing ... nightmare. Why the world must revolved around Bill Gates is beyond me. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars to purchase a version of Office so I can have a full version of Outlook.

Anyway ...... after about a 100 thoughts of "why did I ever dooooooo this?" and "I want my Palm!" when trying about 6-8 different calendar/PIM type programs I finally bit the bullet and purchased e-Mobile Planner and e-Mobile Today Professional. I either didn't like the other ones or couldn't get them to work, ran into some of the same issues I read about in forums here and there that others did. Seems none of these apps are truly Storm ready so you take your chances and I must have gotten lucky.

Well, I really love these two little programs and so far I'm not having any problems w/my Storm. I probably only needed one of them, but you sure don't find much of a description of features and nowhere have I found a manual or help files on how to use them. Do the software makers just expect you to figure it out on your own how to use their programs or what?

Here are the problems I really need help w/at this point:

1) Is there a way to enter info into one calendar/task and have it show up in both programs or maybe to merge the two as one calendar? I really only need one calendar, but if I must have two, I need them to be identical without me having to input the data manually in both. It's going to be time consuming enough to re-enter my life ONCE manually from my Palm.

2) In e-Mobile Today Pro, I cannot get any month view and when I click on "Calendar" in the upper right menu (which I found by accident and then promptly lost) I wind up at the default Storm calendar. I would like the e-Mobile calendar to show up when I first open either program along with things like the tasks etc. All I get are the lists of tasks etc, no month view calendar. I can click to month view in e-Mobile Planner but not in e-Mobile Today Pro.

If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Deb
    I have E-mobile Today pro and a Bold so I will try to answer some of your questions about Today Pro.
    First comment about Outlook-How do you intend to back up your phone's calendar/contacts if you do not do it with Outlook? I highly recommend that you back up your calendar and contacts thru Outlook and it will be so much easier to enter your info on your computer rather than the phone. It would also be a good investment if you ever switch devices, as it will be much easier to input all of your info. (Just my 2 cents worth of advise!)
    Now for some answers:
    When E-mobile opens, hit your Blackberry button and then click on setting. You can then set your font color and size, then scroll to theright and you can set up what items you want on your home screen (including appointments), keep scrolling right until all is set up and then hit your BB button and click save.
    Now your appointments will be on you home screen for the current day and the subsequent 3 days. While on the E-Mobile homescreen, you can access a monthly view when you click on appointments and then click on an appointment or "no appointment" and then click on "calendar" and your monthly view will show up.
    I think that answers your E-Mobile Today pro questions. Feel free to ask more as this is a very good app (in my opinion).
    Also note that E-mobile is very responsive to tech support questions. Go to this page:
    e-Mobile Today Professional Edition - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    and then go to tech support and ask a question to them. They usually answer within a few hours.
    The Storm is a complicated phone (especially after the Palm) and there is definitely a learning curve for sure. Be patient and you will figure it all out with a little time! Good luck and feel free to keep asking questions. I am sure that there are others who can help with your more specific Storm and Planner questions.
    Last edited by tellsells; 07-01-09 at 10:39 AM.
    07-01-09 07:43 AM
    Hi TellSells,

I can't backup to Outlook, I don't have Outlook. I have the Storm's Desktop Mgr installed from the CD which gives me the option of sync'ing with an ASCII something or other or Yahoo. I suppose I can try the Yahoo Calendar, but I'd REALLY prefer a calendar on my own computer.

Where is this Blackberry button you speak of? I'm probably using it, but don't know that it's called "Blackberry button."

When I click on an appointment and get up the menu and select "Calendar" I wind up at the default Storm calendar monthly view.
    07-01-09 08:54 PM
    Hi TellSells,

I can't backup to Outlook, I don't have Outlook. I have the Storm's Desktop Mgr installed from the CD which gives me the option of sync'ing with an ASCII something or other or Yahoo. I suppose I can try the Yahoo Calendar, but I'd REALLY prefer a calendar on my own computer.

Where is this Blackberry button you speak of? I'm probably using it, but don't know that it's called "Blackberry button."

When I click on an appointment and get up the menu and select "Calendar" I wind up at the default Storm calendar monthly view.
    Again, I have The Bold and I cannot help you too much on the Storm set up. You should look at the "How To" forums on the Crackberry main page and also post in the Storm forums for ways to set up a calendar. I will say again that Blackberrys work extremely well with Outlook and that's all I know about. There are other calendars to use but I am not familiar with them.

Now as far as E-Mobile goes, the Blackberry button is the one with the 7 dots on it. When I click on appointment and then on calendar I get to the month view of the E-Mobile calendar which is slightly different than the Blackberry standard calendar. (Again the Storm might be different)
    In any case, when you enter an event on the Storm calendar it should now show up in the daily and monthly view.
    The way that the today screen works on E-Mobile Today is that it shows you what appointments you have today and also for the next three days. If you need to add an appointment, view by week, or view by month you then go to the procedure that got you to the "monthly view" as you have done above. If you were to add an appointment for tomorrow (using this procedure) does it not show up on the calendar?
    And there is no way to get an automatic monthly view on the today screen (if that's what you are asking). I hope this helps a little. Feel free to keep asking.
    07-01-09 09:20 PM
    Hi tellsells,

Correct, one of the things I was looking for was an auto-view of the monthly calendar in e-Mobile Today, seems I can only get it in e-Mobile Planner.

I'll check where you mentioned on the boards and will also contact e-Mobile tech support.

Thanks for your help
    07-02-09 03:13 AM
    Ok ... another question ... I really need a good "alarm" system for my tasks. This works well, however, I either do not see or cannot figure out how to "snooze" an alarm. On my Palm, when a reminder alarm went off, I could edit it to go 5 more minutes up to however long I wanted to go. This was *super* helpful.

And ... is there a way to add more of a variety of icons & color adjustments to the programs for the calendar and the tasks? I didn't see any add-ons for this, but maybe someone is aware of something that will work?
    07-02-09 12:42 PM
    Ok ... another question ... I really need a good "alarm" system for my tasks. This works well, however, I either do not see or cannot figure out how to "snooze" an alarm. On my Palm, when a reminder alarm went off, I could edit it to go 5 more minutes up to however long I wanted to go. This was *super* helpful.

And ... is there a way to add more of a variety of icons & color adjustments to the programs for the calendar and the tasks? I didn't see any add-ons for this, but maybe someone is aware of something that will work?
    I do not use alarms, but I have heard that this is supposed to be a good one:
    BBSmart Alarms Pro - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

And there is no way that I am aware of to add color to the BB calendar or on the E-Mobile one.
    I hope things are running smoother for you.
    07-02-09 01:27 PM
    Can you back up to Google like the BB Calendar?
    08-04-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD