So nothing makes me more frustrated than technology that doesn't work. Rather than go with my first inclination and throw the damn thing across the room at a wall, I've sought help here. I apologize if many of these problems have been addressed but I really have tried to search for the answer and in fact have tried many of the solutions suggested.

As far as I can tell, all these problems started recently, on September 29th. I got my phone some time in early september
    My problem is several-fold:
    1. My e-mail no longer receives. I can still send e-mail through it just fine, but i cannot receive anything. It's a gmail account, but I've been using the blackberry message system.
    2. My facebook application does not receive. The last thing I received was a series of four messages telling me that someone agreed to be my friend (obviously duplicates). As far as I can tell, I can still do things like write on people's walls, but I don't really have the application to do that.
    3. My phone's battery is dying quickly. It now won't hold a full charge for 24 hours with no talking on it. Perhaps connected, I get the hour-glass a lot at times, but this is not ALWAYS the case. right now I can scroll on my home screen just fine without being interrupted, but sometimes it will be laggy with the hour glass.

Some comments:
    1. As far as I can tell, I am always connected to AT&Ts Edge network. It does not appear that the phone is trying to find a network, but i could be wrong.
    2. I've removed all applications that I didn't use anymore. I have the following applications running: Facebook, options, home screen, messages, phone, bbm and push to talk (for some unknown reason). I also have gtalk, but I haven't used it in a while.
    3. I've tried both soft rebooting it and hard booting it (removing the battery while it's on). I've done this MULTIPLE times. If you suggest that I do this again, I might actually cry. Just warning.

Anyway, any help that you can give with any of my problems is greatly appreciated. I have no idea what else to do, and my google searches are coming up pretty dry.

EDIT: I receive SMS texts just fine and the phone receives calls.
    10-04-08 03:38 PM
    Sounds like low memory. Try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ also go to options status and post yyour file free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 03:42 PM
    Also try uninstalling facebook. I've seen a lot of people having issues with it

10-04-08 03:45 PM
    thanks. I currently have 22622128 bytes free. I have a gigabyte memory card that appears to be virtually unused.
    10-04-08 05:52 PM
    It appears it was the facebook application. took it off, and whammo. 121 emails that i'll now have to sort through. Fun for the whole family.

Thanks a lot. Too bad about the facebook thing. I liked having it.
    10-04-08 05:58 PM
    I had this problem as well exactly the same! My phone was only 3 weeks old. Call your carrier. Its not low memory or it least it wasnt in my case I had tons of memory. They trouble shooted the phone. Its faulty memory. They sent me a brand new phone. The facebook application comes on a blackberry you should be able to use it. Call you carrier and have it replaced. I wouldn't go without facebook its one of the things I love about my blackberry.

Hope this helps! : )
    10-04-08 06:18 PM
    Facebook isn't built into the device but is pushed to the device by a servicebook by some carriers. Just because it worked previously doesn't mean that it will work forever. The suggestion to delete is just a trouble shotting step since it seems to be a common factor.

10-05-08 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD