I'm using gmail app for my gmail account and sending/receiving msgs just fine. However, I can't send pics (MMS) on my curve with Sprint. Therefore I'm forced to send them via email which required me to create a gmail account through 'email setup' since one cannot attach pics via the gmail app. So I send pics by selecting the picture, selecting send as email etc. However, since I only have the gmail account set up through BB server (plus regular gmail app icon makes 2 gmail icons total) to send pics from my phone, I dont want ANY received msg notifications whatsoever going to the [email protected] icon. If a new email is sent to my gmail account, the only place I want the notification going is too the actual gmail app icon (which i have on my homescreen). I know that i can tell the [email protected] icon to delete msgs after 15, 30, 45 days etc, but how do i tell it not to notify me at all? Please help. Thanks.
    01-09-09 09:36 AM
    You cant stop that, you can hide the gmail icon so you dont see it all the time
    01-09-09 09:46 AM
    Even when the [email protected] and 'messages' icon are hidden I still have that flashing light to deal with until I acknowledge the incoming msg. And now that the account is set up through BB, i dont get the new msg notification on my gmail app icon.

Any advice?
    01-09-09 10:04 AM
    Well, you can turn off the LED for your emails, but that will turn it off also for any other emails attached to the berry.

You are gonna have to make a choice, either hide it and live with it lol, or remove the push email, but then you wont be able to send attachments with just the app..

either... or....
    01-09-09 10:06 AM
    I think the only thing you can really do is unassociate the email with your BB and just check your email through the browser when you want to see it.
    01-09-09 10:07 AM
    I think the only thing you can really do is unassociate the email with your BB and just check your email through the browser when you want to see it.
    Is it true then that without MMS, i would have no way to send pics?
    01-09-09 10:18 AM
    If you havnt got MMS, email is the option.

BBM would work too, if they are BBM users.
    01-09-09 10:19 AM
    It just seems odd that will all of the functionality of this device i am unable to send pics to someone else' mobile.
    01-09-09 10:21 AM
    I think the only option at this point is a service provider change! haha Thanks Rachel.
    01-09-09 10:22 AM
    Well, MMS for sprint IS coming, but I dont know a date, and I dont think they do either LOL

the 8350i from sprint/nextel supports it
    01-09-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD