For whatever reason, I seem to have two icons for every carrier (Verizon) installed app. You know, that stuff like V CAST APPS, VZW TONES, etc.

Any ideas on how to remove the duplicates?

I know I can hide them all, but still just curious why it'd happen, and how to fix it?
    04-28-11 02:01 PM
    For whatever reason, I seem to have two icons for every carrier (Verizon) installed app. You know, that stuff like V CAST APPS, VZW TONES, etc.

Any ideas on how to remove the duplicates?

I know I can hide them all, but still just curious why it'd happen, and how to fix it?
    Ahah! Figured it out, if anyone else needs to know. I just deleted all the Service Book entries for the offending apps, then had the Service Books resent, and tada! Only one icon for each again
    04-28-11 07:11 PM
    I think that happens because service books are saved and restored during and OS upgrade, then it it turns around and loads the book again when the device registers on the network. Annoying for sure.
    04-29-11 12:53 AM
    Yeah one of my verizon apps was like that, thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 08:47 AM
    im relatively new to the blackberry, how do you delete the service book entries?
    04-29-11 06:35 PM
    im relatively new to the blackberry, how do you delete the service book entries?
    In OS5, Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book

Highlight the SB to delete, click the Menu key, select Delete

Then to force them to be resent (I think this does it anyway), Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table, click the Menu key, Register Now
    04-29-11 06:53 PM
    In OS5, Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book

Highlight the SB to delete, click the Menu key, select Delete

Then to force them to be resent (I think this does it anyway), Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table, click the Menu key, Register Now
    Thank you very much I did it and all the duplicates are gone thank goodness!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 12:40 AM
    they may come back if the phone is rebooted or next time the phone registers on the network. if it happens, just thow the icons into a folder (make one) and then hide it. you will never see them again.
    05-01-11 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD