Sorry in advance if this has been covered! (And for potentially being a totally lame question)

So I have been busy erasing apps to clear up some free memory. I've read alot of posts about this and my question is, is there a difference between deleting from the phone vs. deleting from DM?

I have just been going into Applications on the phone, deleting, and then restarting. Everything works fine and after my phone restarts whatever I deleted is gone. But I have read alot about how you should go through DM to delete. Why is this? Does it not really delete if I just do it from my phone?
    05-19-09 06:52 PM
    I delete them through the applications list on my phone. I think there are a few 3rd party apps that need to be deleted through DM however.
    05-19-09 06:55 PM
    It does actually delete when doing it from your phone, to the same effect of deleting via DM. Personally, I see no difference or benefit of deleting via DM, unless like forever said, it's an app that can't be deleted from the phone.
    05-19-09 07:02 PM
    i prefer to do it on the device... seems less of a hassle
    05-19-09 07:03 PM
    Thanks guys. I also just do it from my phone because it is easier. Just wanted to make sure that it was a legit way to do it
    05-19-09 07:15 PM
    sure is!!!

glad we could help!
    05-19-09 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD