I recently downloaded Dropbox for BlackBerry 7.0 version 1.0.55 on my BlackBerry Bold 9790 which is running on OS 7.1.0.907

The problem is, it keeps saying "incorrect email or password"

I have tried changing my password on my mac multiple times and even changing it using the same password as before just to make sure. I even tried typing really slowly and surely on my phone but no, it really is not working.

Then I stumbled on user reviews for Dropbox for BlackBerry on BlackBerry World itself and it turns out I wasn't the only one that has a problem, tons of users posted one star reviews saying they can't login because of the same error message.

My question: is there a workaround for this or a fix?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been really trying to tell myself to stick with my BlackBerry. I have been telling myself reasons to stick with this phone and not buy <insert latest phones here> The fact that it doesn't have Instagram and the fact that I am ashamed to pull it out of my bag whenever I work or when I'm with acquaintance or colleagues and the fact that 99% of my friends have switched to either Android or iOS really doesn't help.

I thought that Dropbox would be the final redeeming factor in having this 9790 but then this grave issue comes up. It just maybe is the final straw. And I really don't like BB10, compared to <insert latest phones here> for the same price? it's just a no *sigh*
    04-19-13 01:13 PM
    May I suggest you try an alternative called sugarsync. Its not flat out the best syncing and cloud storage app however its leaps and bounds better than the dropbox app. That's if you dont mind moving to another cloud storage app. There are also cloud management apps that can help you transfer your data from one cloud storage to another. just a suggestion.
    04-19-13 01:41 PM
    it sucks. I got exactly the same issue. I used dropbox on my blackberry before and it worked fine for a long while, and I found it wouldn't sync up with cloud recently then I relinked/reinstalled it, then it kept singing "incorrect email or password" and I am 120% sure it is correct!
    04-22-13 12:58 PM
    it is NOT free...
    04-22-13 12:59 PM
    i have the same problem. but with a blackberry curve 9300. shame really but im going to try sugar sync its free up to 5GB data.
    04-23-13 01:31 AM
    Guys, after you installed your dropbox application, you need to restart your blackberry, and then try to login. That's the way in worked in my case, maybe will help you also.
    09-09-13 03:29 AM
    I was tearing my hair out for this problem until I remembered that I had set up Two-Step Verification (TSV) since I last had to reset my DropBox App. The BB App doesn't give any explanation in this case, but it's not authenticating because the server side needs the time generated code as well as the password in order to link a device whenTSV is activated. It's a problem with the stupid BB App authentication panel.

To work around the problem just turn off TSV, link your BB, then turn on Two-Step again. You'll have to regenerate your key sets and put the permanent backup code away for safe keeping.
    11-19-14 03:47 PM