I did Alt+rst to reset App World, and I still get v2.44 and it won't launch.
    Last night, I was able to upgrade mine just like evil.bunny's, and I am up and running again (with 2.45 that showed up in App World as 2.44).

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that there is any way to tell if you are going to receive 2.44 (doesn't work) or 2.45 (works) when downloading from App World. Due to the way in which App World caches apps among its servers, it can take several days for a new or upgraded app to be distributed to all of its servers -- in the interim, an app will be available to some (but not all) users. The only thing that you can do at this point is to continue to periodically reset the App World cache and retry -- hopefully, the update will be available on the server that you hit, but, in this case, you won't know until you install, reboot, and retry.
    03-11-11 07:56 AM
    2.45 still does not work for me.
    Interesting... Have you confirmed that 2.45 has in fact been installed on your BlackBerry� (i.e., that it is not an App World cache issue)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 10:10 AM
    Interesting. App world showed it as 2.45 but it installed 2.44, which did not work. App world then prompted me to upgrade to 2.45, which does work.

I note now that when I exit drivesafe.ly, the app still shows as open when I hit the blackberry button.
    03-11-11 10:17 AM
    So for those who have gotten 2.45 to work after uninstalling 2.42/43/44:

If I go to MyWorld, I see DriveSafely listed under Uninstalled apps.

Then I go to App World and search for DriveSafely. When the app is found, the button says Reinstall, not Download. However it does say 2.45 if I click Reinstall.

So I reinstalled. Prompted to set permissions. Set permissions.

VOILA!!! It works, says 2.45! In business.

Thanks, everyone, particularly evil.bunny!

Have a great weekend...and drive safely.
    Last edited by andy957; 03-11-11 at 12:42 PM.
    03-11-11 12:16 PM
    I note now that when I exit drivesafe.ly, the app still shows as open when I hit the blackberry button.
    It has always been this way, unless you change the settings for the app to NOT launch on startup (reboot of phone).
    03-11-11 12:21 PM
    One last question while we're here.

I am in my office, and pressed the mute button on my Bold 9700 before opening Drivesafely to configure it. Lo and behold, I hear "Drivesafe.ly ON" from that lovely female voice.

Seems like she doesn't like to shut up when told to do so. LOL LOL

It was quite embarrassing, to say the least, when co-workers looked at me strangely.
    03-11-11 12:27 PM
    It has always been this way, unless you change the settings for the app to NOT launch on startup (reboot of phone).

Not for me. I have always had it set to not launch on startup, and it would not stay open until now.
    03-11-11 12:39 PM
    Not for me. I have always had it set to not launch on startup, and it would not stay open until now.
    Do you click "Exit DriveSafe.ly" from the BB menu or are you just using the back button on your phone? If you select Exit, then you should get a prompt asking you if you're sure you want to exit.
    Last edited by andy957; 03-11-11 at 12:43 PM.
    03-11-11 12:41 PM
    Do you click "Exit DriveSafe.ly" from the BB menu or are you just using the back button on your phone? If you select Exit, then you should get a prompt asking you if you're sure you want to exit.
    Yes I chose exit and get the prompt.
    03-11-11 01:31 PM

LOL! I think there's a setting in Drivesafely to ignore profiles, under advance settings. Could that be why even if you mute your phone, she still doesn't shut up?

@vyrenee, I get the same thing. Even when I exit Drivesafely, when I press the BB menu I still see it.
    03-11-11 06:46 PM
    One last question while we're here.

I am in my office, and pressed the mute button on my Bold 9700 before opening Drivesafely to configure it. Lo and behold, I hear "Drivesafe.ly ON" from that lovely female voice.

It was quite embarrassing, to say the least, when co-workers looked at me strangely.
    In Advanced settings, disable Play Audio Notifications.

andy957 likes this.
    03-11-11 09:56 PM
    In Advanced settings, disable Play Audio Notifications.
    Thanks, so that will ONLY disable her announcements, not the reading of texts/emails, correct?

Awesome.
    03-12-11 07:23 PM
    Thanks, so that will ONLY disable her announcements, not the reading of texts/emails, correct?

Awesome.
    Exactly!

03-12-11 07:26 PM
    Exactly!
    Perfect, works fine. Appreciate the tip!
    03-12-11 07:30 PM
    Oh, just thought of one other thing, sorry.

I'm attaching a pic of the Drivesafe.ly (2.45!) splash screen on my Pearl 3G 9100. I think it doesn't look right, and have contacted their tech support, but just as they denied the problems with 2.42/.43/.44, they denied that this is not the way it should look (their response was "if the program works, then don't worry about this").

The screen capture may be a little hard to see on certain monitors, but if you look closely at the bottom of the graphic, you'll see that it's blank (white). Also, it doesn't take up the whole screen as it usually does on my other BBs. Plus, isn't the OFF button too far to the right?

Anyone else?
    Last edited by andy957; 03-12-11 at 07:38 PM.
    03-12-11 07:34 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD