Not to worry, I get the EXACT SAME thing. It worked an hour later when I was taking a nap. Figures.
    HAH - That's hilarious! I guess it could be that I'm not patient enough. Perhaps it's normal for voice commands to take several hours to respond.

Not overly impressed with DriveSafe.ly. They seem to have zero support in their forums. A free app that reads texts to me is somewhat useful...but not much. Glad I didn't pay for it.
    10-21-11 06:35 AM
    I disabled it, but I'm not going to delete it.

I'm going to download them all; I deserve them.

Though you disable it, does it autostart on bootup and take away cpu and memory resources by running in the background?

I found on mine, it did. So I ended up deleting it.
    10-22-11 09:15 AM
    Though you disable it, does it autostart on bootup and take away cpu and memory resources by running in the background?

I found on mine, it did. So I ended up deleting it.
    yes, but I just quit it right away.

I only reastart my phone once a month or so (for reasons OTHER than low memory), so it hasn't become an annoyance yet.
    10-22-11 12:07 PM
    You have to read the FAQ very carefully, its a bit deceiving.

http://www.drivesafe.ly/faqs/?id=213

Can I speak into my phone and send a text (SMS) message or email? / How can I respond to incoming messages?

Voice commands allow you to respond via voice to an incoming message and dictate the response text message. Voice commands currently available are: Repeat, Call Back, Reply, and Cancel. To dictate a message, please say 'Reply' when the phone asks you to 'Say a Command' and follow the prompts to dictate your response message.

You can respond to incoming text (SMS) messages and/or emails with the built-in auto-responder. Before you drive, open DriveSafe.ly -> Settings -> Advanced and edit your auto-responder for emails or text (SMS) messages.

When “Auto-Respond to Emails” is checked, you can customize the subject and message by typing in your own responses in each respective field.

When “Auto-Respond to TXTs” is checked, you can customize the message by typing in your own response message."

So you can only reply with voice commands for Text messages.
    Last edited by Analog-X64; 10-24-11 at 12:36 PM.
    10-24-11 12:31 PM
    Do I need something else for this to work. Downloaded fine, but it doesn't read anything for me nor can I write anything back. Do you need something else to make it work? I tried asking developer, but no real response back
    10-25-11 04:24 AM
    10-25-11 08:20 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD