Installed the Pro version for free (Thanks RIM!)...voice commands is enabled in the options, but I never get 'Say a command' after it reads me an email!
    This app is practically useless if I can't dictate a response to my incoming texts/emails!
    Phone is a 3g Curve running OS6

Anyone else?
    10-19-11 08:57 AM
    this is a idea as ive never used it before myself
    maybe you just say what you want to do ?
    so unlike the original on the phone,you could just go away and say it
    without it asking you for a command
    10-19-11 08:59 AM
    not 100% certain tho like i say,ive never used it
    10-19-11 09:00 AM
    Jeez! Toggle it off and on, then it stops reading my emails!
    POS app...
    10-19-11 09:11 AM
    Was in contact with support...
    Apparently Drivesafe.ly doesn't support Email voice replies...only text messages.
    10-19-11 10:48 AM
    10-19-11 11:08 AM
    I do not see anywhere in their FAQs a full list of custom voice commands for sending txt messages etc.
    10-19-11 01:05 PM
    I do not see anywhere in their FAQs a full list of custom voice commands for sending txt messages etc.
    From the website FAQ's:

Voice commands allow you to respond via voice to an incoming message and dictate the response text message. Voice commands currently available are: Repeat, Call Back, Reply, and Cancel. To dictate a message, please say 'Reply' when the phone asks you to 'Say a Command' and follow the prompts to dictate your response message.
    10-19-11 01:18 PM
    From the website FAQ's:

Voice commands allow you to respond via voice to an incoming message and dictate the response text message. Voice commands currently available are: Repeat, Call Back, Reply, and Cancel. To dictate a message, please say 'Reply' when the phone asks you to 'Say a Command' and follow the prompts to dictate your response message.
    I'm not getting the "Say a Command" either.
    10-19-11 01:36 PM
    Installed the Pro version for free (Thanks RIM!)...voice commands is enabled in the options, but I never get 'Say a command' after it reads me an email!
    This app is practically useless if I can't dictate a response to my incoming texts/emails!
    Phone is a 3g Curve running OS6

Anyone else?
    Yes, I am having the same problem after downloading the free Pro ap from bbworld this am on my 9900 Bold. So they are either giving away a crippled version or there is a problem with the ap...anyone been able to fix this?
    10-19-11 09:04 PM
    I'm going to wait for Vlingo pro
    10-19-11 09:41 PM
    after all day messing with it i decided to uninstall this app, not my type of app.
    10-19-11 10:02 PM
    I disabled it, but I'm not going to delete it.

I'm going to download them all; I deserve them.
    TorrieB and bcbbanga4l like this.
    10-20-11 12:09 AM
    This app is, er, rubbish. Sorry to say.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-20-11 12:14 AM

You can delete it if you wish. It will remain within MyWorld for re-download just like your other applications.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-later-662522/
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    10-20-11 12:15 AM
    This app is, er, rubbish. Sorry to say.
    I think so too. I'm also sorry to say it.
    10-20-11 12:17 AM
    If voice commands is what you want just wait for vlingo rpo, thats what the app was made for. Its barely an afterthought on drivesafely

Sent from Tapatalk on my Playbook
    10-20-11 01:50 AM
    This app does nothing special. Remove it after several hours trial. Hoping Vlingo do it better
    10-20-11 03:01 AM
    I do have voice commands working, but only once. For example, when I receive a text - the app reads me the sender, and the message - then I hear "Say a command" often it doesn't understand when I say "reply", I hear a beep tone - then it will never read another text.

A battery pull brings voice commands back to life.

If I disable voice commands altogether, it will read text messages out loud all day long. But when enabled, it's almost as though it gets stuck in voice command mode and hangs.

Anyone else have this experience? I should perhaps try my Bluetooth headset instead of just speaker/mic, but I don't always have that with me.
    10-20-11 09:30 AM

ITA. I'm hoping these are just issues because of all the gift status and once the servers get a chance to catch up...it'll all be good. Plus, I rarely drive now but I'm getting a car next year. I'd hate to delete this after one day if the tempermentalness of this app goes away.
    10-20-11 10:50 AM
    I installed this, got it to work after a few reboots and reinstalls, then deleted it a couple of hours later. Performance was iffy and annoying. I'm sure glad it was free.

Tell you what...

If you want an app to read your emails and text messages, but aren't concerned about voice commands, give DriveCarefully a try. I've been using it for months and it meets my needs of hearing my messages quite well. Also, you can silence the "magic voice" simply by pressing the red End button.

Get it here:
    Free DriveCarefully - Download DriveCarefully - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-20-11 11:00 AM
    I installed this, got it to work after a few reboots and reinstalls, then deleted it a couple of hours later. Performance was iffy and annoying. I'm sure glad it was free.

Tell you what...

If you want an app to read your emails and text messages, but aren't concerned about voice commands, give DriveCarefully a try. I've been using it for months and it meets my needs of hearing my messages quite well. Also, you can silence the "magic voice" simply by pressing the red End button.

Get it here:
    Free DriveCarefully - Download DriveCarefully - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    DriveCarefully sounds awfully familiar... it seems to be almost IDENTICAL to another product I've seen once; but I can't remember what.
    10-20-11 02:12 PM

That's basically what the app is intended for, not so much the other functionality
    10-20-11 02:17 PM
    good that it reads mails for u, for me it reads one n skips, n again once in awhile reads one again, some times get voice, this free app sucks, don't know why BB is saying as premium app., have written mail but no response yet
    10-20-11 10:09 PM
    I do have voice commands working, but only once. For example, when I receive a text - the app reads me the sender, and the message - then I hear "Say a command" often it doesn't understand when I say "reply", I hear a beep tone - then it will never read another text.

A battery pull brings voice commands back to life.

If I disable voice commands altogether, it will read text messages out loud all day long. But when enabled, it's almost as though it gets stuck in voice command mode and hangs.

Anyone else have this experience? I should perhaps try my Bluetooth headset instead of just speaker/mic, but I don't always have that with me.
    Not to worry, I get the EXACT SAME thing. It worked an hour later when I was taking a nap. Figures. It's like it was waiting for the right moment to work again or something...I'm starting to scare myself. I can't wait for Vlingo; I used 2.0 back when it was still free and full-featured and would love to go back to those days. And to think that I almost bought it full price just last week!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 03:00 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD