Help please!!! This app has crashed my 8330. I've done the remove battery reset several times. I've already been to the Verizon store, they couldn't fix it and they're mailing me a replacement.

Meanwhile, I still feel there is a way to delete this app and save my info. It does power back up. But, as soon as I click on an icon it locks up. It won't stay up long enough to even get into the section where you would normally delete apps.

Any ideas????? I saw one post (which I can't seem to find again) where someone had a similar problem. They said it took them all day to get the program off the phone. They didn't say HOW they did it though. Aahhh!

Help!!!
    11-21-09 05:40 PM
    try crackutil

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

you can use the file manipulation section.

READ thru the instructions.
    11-21-09 06:10 PM
    Help please!!! This app has crashed my 8330. I've done the remove battery reset several times. I've already been to the Verizon store, they couldn't fix it and they're mailing me a replacement.

Meanwhile, I still feel there is a way to delete this app and save my info. It does power back up. But, as soon as I click on an icon it locks up. It won't stay up long enough to even get into the section where you would normally delete apps.

Any ideas????? I saw one post (which I can't seem to find again) where someone had a similar problem. They said it took them all day to get the program off the phone. They didn't say HOW they did it though. Aahhh!

Help!!!
    Do a battery pull, when the red light goes out and the loading screen comes up, hold down the escape key in order to boot in to "safe mode" where no third party apps will be running, then proceed to remove as normal and reboot the phone again..

EDIT: Hold down the escape key until it fully starts back up (just to clarify)
    Last edited by geeneeus; 11-22-09 at 06:55 AM.
    11-22-09 06:51 AM
    Hello, I had this same problem with my wife's 8330 on USCellular.

Here's how I fixed it:

Reboot by pulling battery.

When it comes back up, immediately hold down Alt-Escape key to bring up the list of running apps.

Scroll to DriveSafely.ly app.

Click on "ON" button to turn it off.

You can then go to Setup>Advanced>Apps and see the list of apps without crashing.

Delete DriveSafely.ly

Reboot.

Wham-bam-thanks-mam, Done.

ps: We are not 4.6.x so the safe mode trick did not work, so I wanted to share my method here.
    12-09-09 06:03 PM
    Drivesafe.ly crashed my 8330 too! Eerything froze - all my messages etc. It took me forever to figure out how to delete it but I finally did it. I had to take the battery out too to reboot and then once it came back on, I went to Options, Advanced Options & then applications - scrolled through the list and then clicked on the drive safe up & selected delete. I had to reboot again when it was gone - finally I have my phone back!
    12-18-09 09:57 AM
    Better your phone and not your car.
    12-18-09 11:20 AM
    Drivesafe.ly crashed my 8330 too! Eerything froze - all my messages etc. It took me forever to figure out how to delete it but I finally did it. I had to take the battery out too to reboot and then once it came back on, I went to Options, Advanced Options & then applications - scrolled through the list and then clicked on the drive safe up & selected delete. I had to reboot again when it was gone - finally I have my phone back!
    I have an 8320 and had the same issues. Not knowing what was causing the problem, I got desperate and did a /nojvm reload of 4.5.0.81 then upgraded to the latest version. Everything was fine at that point so I started installing apps. Once I installed Drivesafe.ly, I learned that it was the culprit

I love the app but cannot afford to have my Berry crash on a regular basis. I've already sent an email to their Support team in hopes of a resolution. In the meantime, my Pro code I just redeemed sits idle in my email.
    12-23-09 07:46 PM
    Hello, I had this same problem with my wife's 8330 on USCellular.

Here's how I fixed it:

Reboot by pulling battery.

When it comes back up, immediately hold down Alt-Escape key to bring up the list of running apps.

Scroll to DriveSafely.ly app.

Click on "ON" button to turn it off.

You can then go to Setup>Advanced>Apps and see the list of apps without crashing.

Delete DriveSafely.ly

Reboot.

Wham-bam-thanks-mam, Done.

ps: We are not 4.6.x so the safe mode trick did not work, so I wanted to share my method here.
    THANK YOUUUUUUU! This worked like a charm without all the confusion of battery pull, downloading other progs and all that mess. Awesome bit of info. I didn't even know you could delete apps from the phone, so I am excited to learn this
    12-30-09 10:22 PM
    Had the same problem here with my Bold 9700. here is what the support had to say:

Where did you get the application from? There was a bad build in BB App World. You may have an archived version.

If you need to delete the archived version of DriveSafe.ly, please try the following:
    • Go to BlackBerry App World
    • Go to My World
    • Delete DriveSafe.ly from the list
    Now, please try the following:
    • Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications
    • Highlight DriveSafe.ly
    • Hit your BlackBerry Menu Key
    • Select “Delete”
    • This will remove the application
    • Now pull the battery and make it final :-)
    Finally, please do a memory clean by going from your BlackBerry Menu to Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning > Hit the BlackBerry Menu Key and select "Clean Now"

This action will not delete any contacts, it will just delete all caches and old applications not in use in your phone.
    Now, you can try to download the application from our website. Please type http://www.DriveSafe.ly/d?b in your BlackBerry web browser and install the application.
    Let us know how it goes :-)

Regards,

-Anna & the DriveSafe.ly Support Team
    01-08-10 10:05 AM
    Because my phone freezes the second time I push a button, how do I get the program off of there? I am getting so frustrated!
    01-20-10 09:23 PM
    Sorry for being so off-topic and unhelpful but the title of this thread is totally ironic.
    01-20-10 10:00 PM
    Thanks so much for your response.I was struggling with this for 24 hours and it was nearly driving me crazy.This app was sending wierd msgs to anyone I sent a txt to using it.The support team told me the same thing that it was a bad build that I downloaded and to go directly to the drivesafely website and download it from there.
    02-09-10 12:25 PM
    I just download the pro version to my Tour... I hope I don't have such problems so far after 4 hours I hadn't had any issues--- YET, crossing my fingers.
    02-09-10 01:39 PM
    Hi!

Please contact our Support Team
    Contact Support DriveSafe.ly
    They'll help you out :-)
    03-29-10 03:41 PM
    Same problem. I originally downloaded from BB APP World and it kept crashing my phone. Receieved email from DriveSafe.ly support. They advised to delete and download from their website - still no fix. I LOVE the app (not fond of Vlingo Safereader - hard to understand when voice is speaking) but cannot take the constant crashes. Seems to happen when you get an incoming text or email.
    03-31-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD