Read in another post that the Torch 9850 was having issues with the DriveSafe.ly Pro application that RIM made available today.

After accepting the T&C's it blanked the screen--literally--no image just black but it responded to touch and activated one of the icons the first time. Second time after a battery pull it just blanked and could only get a menu option for managing the panels.

Might be the same with the 9860 as well but I don't know. Removed the app shortly after--a shame because the application appears to be a good one--should have paid attention to the most recent reviews.

Just wanted to provide a friendly warning!
    10-19-11 02:26 PM
    I just convinced a guy to send his iPhone 4S back in and order a 9850 based upon how well DriveSafe.ly Pro worked on my Bold 9930. Now I'm frustrated and embarrassed because of how bad it looks on the 9850!
    10-27-11 02:50 PM
    Works fine on my9850. Youhave to take it out of compatibility mode. The screen blanking is sort of a part of running most apps in compatibility mode. Just have to hit the apps button and use the menu to get. Ack out. Options--Device--Application Management--Highlite the app, hit the menu button, and turn off compatibility mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 09:12 PM
    I discovered that when I installed a different app and tried with DriveSaf.ely too. It does seem to work except for the Blank screen and you can't see the settings screen correctly because it's tiny.
    10-28-11 12:48 PM
    I also read that Shazam Encore doesn't work on the 9850. Is this true? I find it weird because it works on the 9860 let alone all other OS7 devices.
    10-29-11 05:54 AM
    DriveSafe.ly does seem to work now after turning off Compatibility Mode. I don't know why it didn't work at first though.
    11-04-11 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD