I installed this program on my Bold 9650 this morning. While at work, I leave my phone on the charger all day. The phone has been HOT to the touch ALL day, and now the battery is dead- despite being on the charger.

Anybody else have this issue or ideas to fix it?
    10-19-11 03:57 PM
    UN-install it.....
    10-19-11 03:58 PM
    I have to charge it first
    10-19-11 04:02 PM
    Sounds like you have a bad charger. I had a car charger that did that to my BB.
    10-19-11 04:18 PM
    I noticed I had the app on all afternoon too, and after reading this post, checked my battery and it was at 23%, woah! It's never been this low ever at this time of the day, it would usually still be around 60%. I'll have to make sure to close this app when I'm not driving.
    10-19-11 04:30 PM
    I havn't noticed the battery drain too bad, but i cannot close the program, its always open in the background whether its on or off- even when i manually exit the program

edit- just found out there is a setting in advanced settings to minimize on exit, uncheck the box and then it closes properly.
    Last edited by chunt69; 10-20-11 at 02:41 AM.
    10-20-11 02:30 AM
    Sounds like you have a bad charger. I had a car charger that did that to my BB.
    I uninstalled it yesterday, then got about 50% of a charge back by the time I had to go home.

I charge off my computer USB at work and have never had a problem before.

It's back to working normally today without the software installed. Oh well- hopefully the rest of the freebies are better.
    10-20-11 08:58 AM
    I think I am going to delete this app. Mainly because of the battery drain. I was hoping that the pro version would work better than the free version.
    10-20-11 07:46 PM
    Loaded it up yesterday almost as soon as it was announced, and with very little use (I was down with a bad cold yesterday - didn't feel like doing ANYTHING), I was getting a drain of 5%+ dph, which is quit a bit. So I UN-installed it last night before I went to bed, charge up the phone overnight, and today, with moderate phone, mail, and SMS use, I have had 4.1% dph.

Too bad...
    10-20-11 08:29 PM
    Yep same here, I was sitting minding my own business last night at about 9pm when suddenly my kid says dad your BB is making funny noises, looked at it, battery is flashing red and suddenly screen says phone is shutting down. To put into context, by this time of the day normally the phone is still at approx 75% power. This is the day after installing Drive Safe.ly, despite my turning it off when not in the car, so this morning after a full charge, I uninstalled this app. Incidentally, it refused to work when my phone was connected to my manufacturer installed Bluetooth in the car so it was pointless anyway, but before the battery issue I was tinkering to see if I could get it to work. Rubbish freeby BB, try again!!
    10-21-11 03:40 AM
    It happened to me and two of my other friends.....battery drain real quick. Uninstalled not too mention it didn't work correctly half the time.
    10-21-11 09:16 PM
    Pretty fun app but not real useful. I almost got into an accident trying to get the female voice to stop reading my email. How do you turn her off?

Deleted it but could be nice if the interface was easier to use. Can't complain about a free app though.
    10-23-11 12:40 AM
    Pretty fun app but not real useful. I almost got into an accident trying to get the female voice to stop reading my email. How do you turn her off?

Deleted it but could be nice if the interface was easier to use. Can't complain about a free app though.
    To stop a message once the reading has began, press the red button that you would use to hang up a phone call. This silences messages for most BlackBerries, but there are still some inconsistencies with some models and OS. Note: If your keyboard is locked, you will need to hit the red button twice.

faqs � DriveSafe.ly
    10-23-11 12:46 AM
    Does anyone with battery drain issues have the "Speed Activation" setting checked? This may be why.
    If your phone has GPS enabled, you can use this feature to turn DriveSafe.ly on or off automatically when you drive. When checked, DriveSafe.ly will automatically turn on when you’re moving faster than 16 mph, and off when you’ve been moving slower than 16 mph for three minutes. Note: This feature is still in beta and may cause battery drain because it opens a constant connection with your phones GPS.
    faqs � DriveSafe.ly

For those having issues where it may stop reading emails aloud...
    In speaking with some BBM friends, we have also noted that if this setting is checked, and you are stationary (such as sitting in your home), it will disable the app from reading emails after 3 minutes. And, if you don't have the "Audio Notifications" turned on, you may think that the app just stopped working for no reason because you never heard the on/off message.
    When checked, DriveSafe.ly will speak “DriveSafe.ly on” when you turn it on, and “DriveSafe.ly off” when you turn it off.
    faqs � DriveSafe.ly

Hope this helps some of you guys. I have found that even though I made sure about these things, it still is temperamental.
    10-23-11 12:58 AM
    I had the same issues with battery drain. The app worked okay, but it just ate battery too fast.

At least it was free.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-23-11 11:20 AM
    Both the free version and the Pro version took a toll on my battery. I just got rid of the app. I also could not get it to shut down completely or work properly for that matter.
    10-23-11 11:25 PM
    Having major issues with this app - its completely ****e to say the least.
    Would be seriously complaining if i had paid for it.

Since ive had it, it refuses to work in the car with my built in bluetooth - tried loads of different options, it turns on and off ok, so it knows my phone is connected to bluetooth stereo.

The battery issue is also terrible - i guess with a normal power off and not a full poweroff the app can still run somehow? Because on a few occasions now i have switched my phone off at night and by the morning its completely drained by alarm doesn't go off and my phone wont switch on
    Uninstalled app now, load of crap. Try and again BB.
    Shame really because i could really do with something like that in my car
    10-27-11 08:31 AM
    I just found this thread with search on a hunch that this was what was suddenly killing my battery! Guess my hunch was right. Delete!
    12-02-11 06:37 PM
    I also noticed big battery drain aftrer adding this app. At first I thought it was my new Playbook bluetooth, since DriveSavely was not really "on", just open. But my tests today confirm that DriveSafely is the battery drainer, even when it is NOT ON, but still OPEN.
    I like the program - they should fix this battery issue and then I would re-install.
    12-06-11 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD