Is there a downside to deleting stuff from my Bold I will never use? Docs to Go, for example. How about all those icons like MobiTV, AT&T Mall etc....
    I've a bit of OCD and just knowing that junk is on my beloved Bold bugs me. Thanks all!
    10-29-09 09:14 PM
    Not at all, just know that things like AT&T Mall and a bunch of other things are
    icons that are pushed via the Service Books. There is no way to delete them.
    Simply create a folder called "trash"or something, stick the icons in it and hide the
    whole folder.

Also a lot of people mistakenly think these are apps. They are not. They're launchers
    that facilitate installing the actual app. In total they probably take up less than
    125kb of space.

Welcome to Crackberry.com BTW
    10-29-09 09:31 PM
    First of all, thank you for the warm welcome! And now, my Bold looks lean & mean on the homescreen! I love it.
    10-30-09 10:28 AM
    I like keeping my main app folder at 18 icons, this way I can see everything without scrolling. Everything else is either hidden or tucked away in folders.

I also have removed everything I do not use. No reason to have it there if I'm not going to use it. It all can be loaded back through desktop manager later if needed.
    10-30-09 10:49 AM
    I apologize for the newbie question ebedoun, but do I remove using DM or on the phone itself? Or, where can I go to read up on how to. I too have all I need at a glance, all my business e-mails and then my favorites, no scrolling thru things I dont care about. Thanks for your feedback my fellow users, this site makes me happy, and when I'm happy, my employees are happy.
    10-30-09 11:25 AM
    Its fine to delete them, and if you ever need them again, reinstall or updating the OS will get them back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 11:26 AM
    It is absolutely save to remove apps that you don't use. Just make sure you do not remove the core apps. Apps that I choose not to install during OS installation:

- Maps (I have a dedicated GPS)
    - Help (I believe google can offer more detailed help)
    - Password Keeper (errr... no comment)
    - Games (well... does PS3 on my plasma count?)
    - All the S/MIME certs (Ya.. It is just 2kb.. but i never see the need)
    10-30-09 11:49 AM
    I apologize for the newbie question ebedoun, but do I remove using DM or on the phone itself? Or, where can I go to read up on how to. I too have all I need at a glance, all my business e-mails and then my favorites, no scrolling thru things I dont care about. Thanks for your feedback my fellow users, this site makes me happy, and when I'm happy, my employees are happy.
    You can delete using either method.

As for getting you up to speed the 101 Lecture Series is a good place to
    start. If it isn't covered there and you still have questions, use the Search function.
    If you still can't find an answer, start a thread and the folks here will get you squared away.
    10-30-09 12:14 PM
    i have tried to delete all the icons and apps that i dont use but the second i restart my phone they all come back and i also updated to new version and i have two yellowpage apps . whats up with that
    10-31-09 09:52 PM
    i have tried to delete all the icons and apps that i dont use but the second i restart my phone they all come back and i also updated to new version and i have two yellowpage apps . whats up with that
    As was previously stated, those are NOT apps. They come back because they
    are pushed by your carrier via your service books. Delete them all you want
    and they WILL come back. The two YellowPages icons is a glitch in 5.0.0.314.

Just make a folder, put them in there and then hide the thing. Done!!
    10-31-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD