Hi guys i just have a quick question.

I dont have a data plan so the only time i can acess the app store is via my computer but i would also like to download apps from other 3rd party app developers. But when i go to theri sites, all i see the the barcode thing, and when i scan it, it takes me to a web link but i dont have data so i cannot access it.

Does anybody know how to get apps onto your BB like the app store does it, like directly syncing it onto your phone? Or can your drag it somewhere??

Sorry, im a complete noob
    06-01-11 06:44 PM
    you can install apps through desktop manager...
    06-01-11 09:06 PM
    How do you do that?
    06-02-11 12:31 AM
    You can browse via Wi-Fi and install a compatable app from the developers website.

HOWEVER, check the app you install can use Wi-Fi and doesn't need a Data Plan otherwise the installation is a waste of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 04:52 AM
    If an app developer provides their own apps, there should be a link included somewhere for you to download the files directly to your PC. Then you can install at your convenience via Desktop Manager using the USB cable.

At least developers should provide more than just the barcode, or even a direct OTA to your phone link. They should include regular file downloads to your PC. If they don't, shame on them. We might not always have our phones with us when browsing around on a PC and happen to come across an app for the phone that might be nice to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD