Hey, I just got the pearl 8120 on orange yesterday, and I have downloaded the basic apps, Facebook and msn no problem, but now when trying to download any other apps it says there isnt sufficient space but my memory card is empty i have a 2gb memory card in. I was wondering how do I download applications to the memory card? Also i was wondering does the 8120 have GPS? as there is a gps option in the menu and a map pack option but i dont know how to access either. Thanks for ur anticipated help
    06-20-09 12:18 PM
    You can't. Apps have to be stored in system memory. And, no, the 8120 does not have integrated GPS. Sorry for the bad news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 01:29 PM
    is there a way to upgrade the system memory then?
    06-20-09 01:35 PM
    is there a way to upgrade the system memory then?
    Not sure if it works for your phone, but on my Storm (9500) I use, Aerize Card Loader to install apps to Mem Card and run from there. It is available on 7 day trial, then you need to purchase, but at 9.99, well worth it.
    06-20-09 01:39 PM
    No, no way to upgrade system memory. Aerize Card Loader is a cool soo, but as I understand it, it doesn't actually run the apps off your card. It stores the install files, and when you run an app, it actually reinstalls it onto system memory. Useful for apps you don't access often, but kind of a pain for frequently used apps.

06-20-09 02:44 PM
    The Pearl only have 64mb of internal memory... It's for messages, contacts, SMS and apps... So you need to menage it! SD card is only for media files...
    06-20-09 02:53 PM
    Check out Aerize Card Loader

Steve
    06-20-09 09:01 PM
    Ooops sorry missed the above reply

Steve
    06-20-09 09:02 PM
    I have facebook,viigo,cb launcher,yahoo go and a couple of local news launchers plus worldmate live standard edition. And my 8120 getting slower and slower. Event when I just want to lock my keypad I must wait it for 15second. A memory problem?

06-20-09 11:18 PM
    Alright the Aerize Card loader programs is not that good. SD cards so far is only available for media...so far. It isn't too good.
    06-21-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD