I am using a Blackberry Torch.

Just this morning I downloaded a free chess game from Application World called Free Chess. The program was working very well, but it was also flashing some advertizing banners at the top of the screen.

After I exited from the program, I noticed the bridge mode to my Playbook no longer worked. Also, the Bluetooth would no longer work.

I went through all the setting I possibly can. I also checked that the bluetooth serial interface was turned off for the initialization process of the Bridge program that is running on the Torch.

I called Blackberry tech support after I ran out of ideas. The tech support engineer had me go through many settings and try different approaches. In the end we had to wipe out the Torch and re-load the complete operating system from scratch to make it work. I am fortunate that I keep current backups of my phones.

I reported the Free Chess program to them to investigate this issue. Apparently, they are suspect that this software may be the cause of the fault I experienced.

Jerry G.
    05-07-11 08:59 PM
    Wouldn't a battery pull and removing the software (and another battery pull) solved it?
    I haven't had this with any of my apps. Weird.

I'm glad it all turned out well. Any other people here with the same issues? Would love to hear more about this.
    05-07-11 10:13 PM
    Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 05-07-11 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Sorry, didn't meant to post this twice.
    05-07-11 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD