Hi has anyone ever had this problem before? I downloaded an app which was the free flashlight app, then noticed that a few more apps were in my download folder that I didn't download.. I tried to delete then did the battery pull but it's still there and it now has a green arrow saying archived. and it's just not one app that was downloaded without me doing it a few of them... how do I get rid of them, even if I go to the desktop manager and try to remove them, there not there either....
    01-16-10 06:32 PM
    seems like they were downloaded through appworld.. you can go into appworld to delete archived apps
    01-16-10 06:33 PM
    seems like they were downloaded through appworld.. you can go into appworld to delete archived apps
    yes it was from blackberry app world... what do you think why it did that? i think I tried to delete it from bb app world and nothing. but i'm gonna try again....any other suggestions...?
    01-16-10 06:41 PM
    If delete fails you likely have only a useless icon. Hide the thing or move it to a folder you do not use and hide the folder. Icons take too little memory to be any real concern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 07:57 PM
    Go to Options > Applications and see if the app is installed. If it is, you can go ahead and delete it from there.

If it isn't installed, it's more than likely a shortcut to a sponsored app pushed by your carrier. In which case, you'll just have to hide the icon.
    01-16-10 08:04 PM
    Ok so where is it hidden where does it go? and so an icon doesn't take any kind of memory is what you saying?

01-16-10 08:05 PM
    When it's hidden, it's still right there. However, you won't be able to see it or have it be in your way.

Technically speaking, everything takes up SOME memory, even the icon. However, it's not nearly enough to worry about.
    01-16-10 08:08 PM
    Check your service books. That's how I deleted all the JUNK that comes on the 9700. Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, etc. It's in the service books. I guess they are just lauchers to take you to a 3rd party site. I hated them and hiding wasn't enough for me.
    01-16-10 08:17 PM
    Check your service books. That's how I deleted all the JUNK that comes on the 9700. Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, etc. It's in the service books. I guess they are just lauchers to take you to a 3rd party site. I hated them and hiding wasn't enough for me.
    You could do that, and it will work. However, it will all come back when the service books are resent to your phone.
    01-16-10 08:18 PM
    Yes, that to Risingsun, I have that also that I wanna get rid off... Besides the other downloaded apps that ended up on my download folder after downloading the flashlight app.

01-16-10 08:19 PM
    Thank you everyone, it was easier to delete it through the service books..

01-16-10 08:28 PM
    Blizz what do you mean it will all come back when the service books are resent to the phone?

01-16-10 08:30 PM
    Blizz what do you mean it will all come back when the service books are resent to the phone?

When your phone registers with your network, it will resend the service books. Adding all those icons back on there.

*If indeed those icons were from your network.
    01-16-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD