Hi all was the first time I have upgraded and thought all went well untill all my apps that I downloaded dissapered? Also all my setting on the phone went back to default any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 03:27 AM
    One of the first couple steps is where it shows a list of all the apps it will install on your device, including the 3rd party apps you loaded... did you double check those and be sure all of them were selected???

It does not sound like it... I hope you have all the activation codes for all the apps you purchased... I keep a spreadsheet with all my apps, version numbers and activation codes... additionally, that's one reason I like shopping at the CB Store, they have all my activation codes and at worst I just download the apps again.

Another thing every procedure recommends before starting an upgrade is to make a backup using DM... if you've done this, when you restore your backup all the settings as wells as personal information is saved in that backup, so you could restore everthing.

DM's backup procedures do not backup 3rd party apps, but there is a procedure to backup all 3rd party apps and restore them if necessary... here is a link: How to back up 3rd party applications I like doing this about once a month or so to keep an updated active list of all my 3rd party apps.
    07-30-09 07:11 AM
    Good answer. folks new to bb need to read fatboys post 5 times.

07-30-09 07:35 AM
    Good answer. folks new to bb need to read fatboys post 5 times.

Thanks lazerus!!! I'll be giving a quiz tomorrow.
    07-30-09 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD