I think i messed up...downgraded following the instructions in 101..after i did the restore all my apps are gone...I have all my text and email messages...i did the back up and everything before starting this process.. please help i dont want to have to download all those apps all over again...
    08-03-09 11:21 PM
    Apps don't get backed up in a regular back up.

Did you follow these back up instructions?
    08-03-09 11:33 PM
    funny you mentioned this. ive been recently backing up (not 3rd party apps) my friends 8330's and installing .131. after i restart the phone, i find that all 3rd party apps are back on the phone. it appears that DM has been backing up the 3rd party apps on its own or something.

either way, if your backup didnt include your 3rd party apps or you somehow messed it up, just re-download the applications. it shouldnt take very long anyways.
    08-03-09 11:34 PM
    Apps don't get backed up in a regular back up.

Did you follow these back up instructions?
    EFFFF!!! I just did the regular back up...why the heck wouldnt blackberry just back up everything in the regular back up...i guess i will be downloading everything all over again...thanks dude
    08-03-09 11:38 PM
    I think i messed up...downgraded following the instructions in 101..after i did the restore all my apps are gone...I have all my text and email messages...i did the back up and everything before starting this process.. please help i dont want to have to download all those apps all over again...
    Out of curiosity, why would you want to downgrade from .250 to .231?
    08-04-09 01:10 AM
    Out of curiosity, why would you want to downgrade from .250 to .231?
    i would like to know too. i installed .250 right out of the box and have had no issues whatsoever since i did it.
    08-04-09 04:27 AM
    i would like to know too. i installed .250 right out of the box and have had no issues whatsoever since i did it.
    It was fine for the most part. All the apps worked fine as well. 2 issues below were annoying so i downgraded cuz i never had these issues with .231.

1. When I would take it out of the holster and unlock it, it would lag a little. Like take 3 seconds to unlock, not a big deal but i am use to it working super fast. And it wouldn't do this all the time just once in a while.

2. After a reboot, the hour glass (the little square clock thing) would keep popping up like it was processing something in the back. It would do this for a good 3 min after a complete reboot. While this was happening it made the phone real slow.
    08-04-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD