I have a doubt about deleting certain information of my blackberry, if I select the option "User Installed Apllications' for wiping, my bbm contacts will be also erased or just the applications that I installed. I just want to delete the apps only, not the phone contacts neither the bbm contact list, so I don't know if this option is correct to wipe only the third party apps. Please I need help.
    07-08-12 07:06 PM
    Security Wipe WILL delete your contacts and info. The option you're thinking of will ALSO delete those apps, in addition to all of your data. I don't think you want to do a Security Wipe.

Before you do ANYTHING, make a backup of your BB with Desktop Manager first.
    07-08-12 07:55 PM
    but it is not supposed that this option will only delete the third party apps and nothing else referred to the contacts, email, bbm contact list ??
    07-08-12 08:02 PM
    Interesting. I just was looking at Sec Wipe in OS7.1 and have never seen it allow you to deselect the first option. I've never tried it that way so can't comment for sure, but why not just delete them through the App Management?
    07-08-12 08:34 PM
    I don't want to delete them through the app management because the apps that are made from RIM such as facebook, twitter, etc will not be erased completely, what I mean is that after the "erase" of those apps, in the homescreen or in another folder the icon of those apps will appear again, not as apps only as links to download them from the bb mobile website. So I hate that they appear again as links to be downloaded again.
    07-08-12 08:47 PM
    You can make a folder, call it junk, move the junk to this folder and then hide the folder. If they are pushed icons you can not get rid of them.
    07-08-12 08:58 PM
    You can make a folder, call it junk, move the junk to this folder and then hide the folder. If they are pushed icons you can not get rid of them.
    but if I make a wipe to the applications, can I get rid of them ?
    07-08-12 09:03 PM
    The icon to download them isn't an application, it's just a weblink. It's pushed to you by your wireless carrier.
    If you don't want those icons (and aren't content with hiding them) just don't ever connect to a wireless network.
    07-08-12 10:00 PM
    The icon to download them isn't an application, it's just a weblink. It's pushed to you by your wireless carrier.
    If you don't want those icons (and aren't content with hiding them) just don't ever connect to a wireless network.
    They aren't provided from my wireless carrier, they appeared when I deleted its application. What I just wanna know if I wipe the user installed applications, all even the pushed ones will be definitively erased.
    07-08-12 10:13 PM
    Yeah. You delete the app, and your carrier pushed the icon to you over BIS.
    07-08-12 10:14 PM
    Yeah. You delete the app, and your carrier pushed the icon to you over BIS.
    But it also affects the contact list of the bbm ?
    07-08-12 10:17 PM
    A security wipe will delete your bbm contacts, as well as all other user data.
    07-08-12 10:19 PM
    A security wipe will delete your bbm contacts, as well as all other user data.
    But there is an option that you can erase the applications only, not the phone contacts email but I am not sure if it will gonna affect the bbm contact list. this options appear in the os6
    07-08-12 10:23 PM
    No.
    You can delete all the data, or all the data AND (not or) all the apps.
    Unless that has changed in OS7.
    07-08-12 10:25 PM
    No.
    You can delete all the data, or all the data AND (not or) all the apps.
    Unless that has changed in OS7.
    the os6 has three options that you can select to wipe.
    07-08-12 10:49 PM
    Oh sorry, you're right. Sorry...
    If you delete just data it should delete your bbm settings.
    07-08-12 11:04 PM
    Oh sorry, you're right. Sorry...
    If you delete just data it should delete your bbm settings.
    But are you sure that if i select data it will only delete the bbm settings, not if i select the user applications option.
    07-08-12 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD