Hi. My first post............ My blackberry just started flipping out on me. I am getting double everything, not only that but I'm getting old emails that I've already deleted off my email server. I'm getting facebook notices from 2 weeks ago and it's continuous.....my phone is going off non stop. I just recently downloaded Blackberry unite I thought that might be the problem, but I turned it off and it's still happening. Can anyone help me please?????? Thanks.
    01-26-09 08:08 AM
    I don't know the answer but since your phone is going crazy I'd suggest you start with a battery pull - remove the battery with phone on, wait 30 seconds or so, and replace. Post back with the results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:49 AM
    Thanks, Ok so far the phone isn't going crazy anymore, However I did test the email and I am still getting double emails. I'm going to go through my settings again to see if there's anything I can tweek in there.
    01-26-09 09:34 AM
    that's what is happening to my blackberry bold also. its getting double everything. and SPAM emails has been going in like crazy. it wasnt behaving like this say 2 weeks ago. HELPP
    01-27-09 02:03 AM
    As jbeachy suggested, "when in doubt, pull it out" (the battery that is).
    01-27-09 02:06 AM
    haha, pull the battery see if that works, problem still exists come back and tell us again.
    01-27-09 02:45 AM
    Is there a way to get rid of dbl emails? I mean if I send a reply from my curve it sends me a copy as well. But when I receive a email its only one. Any suggestions

01-27-09 07:41 AM
    Are you sending out from a Gmail account?
    That is the culprit most of the time. You need to go in to your BIS services and make a filter for sent emails. There is a walk through floating around here somewhere.

01-27-09 08:07 AM
    Bookmarked, thanks for the solution. Its not an annoyance, I just hold caps and scroll to highlight more than one. I just think it's weird that such a little bug hasn't been fixed by RIM. Still a great phone IMO.

01-27-09 08:42 AM
    Is there a way to get rid of dbl emails? I mean if I send a reply from my curve it sends me a copy as well. But when I receive a email its only one. Any suggestions

I used to have the same EXACT problem. The problem is with gmail. I had my POP3 enabled so I could check my emails on outlook on my PC. So i tried disableing it on gmail settings and now when i send an email or reply i dont get the double emails anymore. hope this helps
    01-27-09 10:13 AM
    Scratch that last post. It started doing it again for me.
    01-27-09 11:22 AM
    01-27-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD