ok, and while I am on the feature band wagon , how about a way to change your profile. you can go to profiles, but there are no params to set a specific profile...
    What AppName would you have chosen for this (Profile_Selector, ...)?
    07-08-09 10:16 PM
    like turning the "Mobile Network" connection on/off

cuz currently u have to go into manage connections and manually click on "mobile network" to turn it on/off
    The Manage Connections panel behaves a bit different than other panels. It does not always accept a 3rd party app to turn those connections on/off.

But, ShortcutMe currently let you toggle connections from other panels:
    AppName: Radio_Toggle (toggles Mobile Network)
    AppName: WiFi_Toggle
    AppName: Bluetooth_Toggle
    07-08-09 10:21 PM
    The Manage Connections panel behaves a bit different than other panels. It does not always accept a 3rd party app to turn those connections on/off.

But, ShortcutMe currently let you toggle connections from other panels:
    AppName: Radio_Toggle (toggles Mobile Network)
    AppName: WiFi_Toggle
    AppName: Bluetooth_Toggle
    OOO, nvm, that's what i was talking bout
    thanks for clarifying
    07-08-09 10:43 PM
    Thanks for the offer. I purchased a license as soon as my trial period ended yesterday. Just couldn't wait a day without this application. Keep up the good work.

BerryNick, check your PM.
    07-09-09 12:18 AM
    3.4.1.1 is now on Mobihand (see the link in my signature).

If you have a license key, just download the trial version from that link to upgrade to 3.4.1.1

Changes in 3.4.1.1 comparing to 3.4.1.0:

1- 2x Menu key in Weather page will cycle you through the forecast for all cities on the parameter list.

2- Added delay parameter for Screenshot (i.e. parameter= 70;0;5000 will take a screenshot after 5 seconds with %70 image quality)

3- An extra Menu item is added to the main page menu just to let those who upgrade know that the Store/restore menu items are moved to Common Config page. (This is to avoid confusing old customers and reduce customer support emails)

4- A extra message is added to inform users what to do when they get Permission Exception after attempting to run ShortcutMe. (This is also to avoid confusing customers and reduce customer support emails)

Because 3 and 4 were very important to add ASAP, I did not got time to add all features requested here on this thread. Will add the rest later on this week.
    07-09-09 01:06 AM
    What AppName would you have chosen for this (Profile_Selector, ...)?
    Sounds great!
    07-09-09 05:29 AM
    new version is working great!
    07-09-09 06:42 PM
    new version is working great!
    Good.

Right now I am implementing the configurable header (On/Off,Location), and Profile_Selector.
    That would be in 3.4.1.2
    07-09-09 09:10 PM
    You are awesome. This sop is worth the price just for the constant improvements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 09:35 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.4.1.2 is now on the OTA link.

New features:

- Style setting for the main page (No Header, Top Header, Above Header, Not Transparent)

- Allows you to create shortcut for Profile settings (AppName: Profile_Selector), for example you can double click conv key to set profiles to quiet and triple click to set it to normal.

- New AppName called Gmail_Menu which is very useful if you use Gmail app and if you have more than one gmail accounts.

Could you please test it and let me know if you see any bug/etc
    07-11-09 10:18 PM
    Just downloaded. Will take a look today and report back.
    07-12-09 07:01 AM
    ShortcutMe 3.4.1.2 is now on the OTA link.

New features:

- Style setting for the main page (No Header, Top Header, Above Header, Not Transparent)

- Allows you to create shortcut for Profile settings (AppName: Profile_Selector), for example you can double click conv key to set profiles to quiet and triple click to set it to normal.

- New AppName called Gmail_Menu which is very useful if you use Gmail app and if you have more than one gmail accounts.

Could you please test it and let me know if you see any bug/etc
    Everything seems to be working great. I don't use Gmail so wasn't able to check that out. I especially like the Profile Selector for turning off/on alerts.

My list of shortcuts is getting long. Is there a way to have Alt shortcuts appear on a "New" page? That way you could press the ^ on the keyboard and a "New" list of shortcuts would popup. That doen't help with MultiClick shortcuts, but, that would add too much complexity to the app.
    07-12-09 11:53 AM
    As always update is great!
    07-12-09 04:34 PM
    So what features are next on deck?
    07-12-09 09:16 PM
    Everything seems to be working great. I don't use Gmail so wasn't able to check that out. I especially like the Profile Selector for turning off/on alerts.

My list of shortcuts is getting long. Is there a way to have Alt shortcuts appear on a "New" page? That way you could press the ^ on the keyboard and a "New" list of shortcuts would popup. That doen't help with MultiClick shortcuts, but, that would add too much complexity to the app.
    I will check and see what I can do.

Long list can easy feel short if you categorize your shortcuts.
    For example I use the followings:

DisplayName: Web. xxxx
    Shortcuts: Wx

DisplayName: Util. xxxx
    Shortcuts: Ux

Then when I want to see Web shortcuts, I click conv. key + W and for utility shortcuts I press Conv Key + U
    07-13-09 08:08 AM
    So what features are next on deck?
    A lot. But let's talk about them when I alpha testing them
    07-13-09 08:09 AM
    ShortcutMe 3.4.2.0 is now on the OTA link.

Some minor changes comparing to 3.4.1.2:

- More Main Page styles (Semi Transparent and Partly Transparent) available for Styles field in Common Config page .

- Background color changed from Gray to Black.

Even that it is not much change, please update so that if you see any bug, then we know what version we are talking about.
    07-13-09 08:13 AM
    Update is working well for me!
    07-13-09 10:01 AM
    I will check and see what I can do.

Long list can easy feel short if you categorize your shortcuts.
    For example I use the followings:

DisplayName: Web. xxxx
    Shortcuts: Wx

DisplayName: Util. xxxx
    Shortcuts: Ux

Then when I want to see Web shortcuts, I click conv. key + W and for utility shortcuts I press Conv Key + U
    Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware the display worked that way. Just downloaded latest version. Thanks.
    07-13-09 11:00 AM
    Update is working well for me!
    Thanks.

ShortcutMe 3.4.2.0 is now released and is available on mobihand.

New features are:

- Style setting for the main page (No Header, Top Header, Above Header, Semi Transparent, Partly Transparent, Not Transparent)

- Allows creating shortcut for Profile settings (AppName: Profile_Selector), for example you can double click conv key to set profiles to Quiet, and triple click to set it to Normal.

- New AppName called Gmail_Menu. It is opening Gmail program with the list of accounts open in a menu ready to be selected by the user. Very useful if you use Gmail app and if you have more than one Gmail accounts.

Those who updated to the OTA Beta today, don't need to download the latest from mobihand because the latest version on mobihand is the same as the last beta version.

If you have any request for new features, or if you have any comment about the new release please post it here.
    07-13-09 07:16 PM
    Oh very nice updates to 3.4.2.0!!! Love the new style setting!

The new Profile_ Selector doesn't seem to always go to the right one. Not sure if this is a bug because I'm trying to switch to a custom profile so the parameter is 9, etc. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it goes to a completely random profile like Medium. I've tried using various delays in the parameter, setting it up in the menu and through a multi click...same issue with both. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Hopefully I'm making sense.

Either way, I absolutely love this app and it's so nice how you keep adding great things to it. I've been using the "tell a friend" feature quite a bit to let my friends with BB's now about this app!!!
    07-17-09 05:37 PM
    Oh very nice updates to 3.4.2.0!!! Love the new style setting!

The new Profile_ Selector doesn't seem to always go to the right one. Not sure if this is a bug because I'm trying to switch to a custom profile so the parameter is 9, etc. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it goes to a completely random profile like Medium. I've tried using various delays in the parameter, setting it up in the menu and through a multi click...same issue with both. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Hopefully I'm making sense.

Either way, I absolutely love this app and it's so nice how you keep adding great things to it. I've been using the "tell a friend" feature quite a bit to let my friends with BB's now about this app!!!
    I will check the Profile_Selector on Storm and fix it. Might add a new parameter.

And thank you for using "tell a friend" feature. That is a good way to keep us motivated for adding new features.

I am working on ShortcutMe 3.4.3.0
    07-17-09 06:24 PM
    Karaz,

Try using the following parameter for Profile_Selector:

9;1500

Wit this parameter, it runs correctly on my Storm.
    07-17-09 07:17 PM
    Wow thanks so much for the super fast response Vijik! 9;1500 works perfectly for Profile_Selector! This is a great new addition to Shortcut_Me.

Yea I love the "tell a friend" feature. Makes it so quick and easy to just email it over to people after I've told them how they can't go on without this app
    07-17-09 07:27 PM
    Weird...just tested it in multi click and it was jumping to the #8 profile instead of #9 with parameter 9;1500. So I set the paramater there to 9;2000 and it went to the correct #9 profile.

So for profile #9 my parameter is 9;1500 from the menu and 9;2000 in multi click. Working perfectly now. I guess I need to learn how to use the parameters better!
    07-17-09 07:35 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD