Wanted to start a thread sharing my opinion on the recent version of QuickPull Free that got released recently. They completely changed the interface, look and feel of the application ... it is now littered with adds, hard to use and most dissappointing is that it actually takes memory after a reboot .. I think due to the advertisements they display after a reboot. Does anyone know where I can find a link to d/l one version back from 3.5.4 for the Storm 9530?
    11-05-09 05:24 PM
    I say for all the time spent making there app and offering a free app opposed to just selling there full version, people who use the free one should upgrade and should click the ads to help support the company offering the FREE app that you obviously use.

If your gonna be cheap the least you could do is click an ad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 06:32 PM

If your gonna be cheap the least you could do is click an ad.

You make a living in sales don't you?

11-05-09 06:36 PM
    haha nope..I do run a couple websites for free myspace layouts and graphics IceCandyEffects.com - Free Layouts, Graphics, Generators, Codes + Much More! and a video/photo/music sharing site IceYourPix - IceYourPix, so I know what its like to put a lot of effort into something and offer it for free, and then hope people who enjoy it and use it might help with the revenue lol

11-05-09 07:22 PM
    with all the problems with QP and 5.0, especially the need to set all default permissions to allow [bad, bad, bad!] I say forget the d*mn app and go for the old analog standby: the battery pull!
    11-05-09 07:32 PM
    In another thread, people are complaining that 3rd party developers aren't moving fast enough on apps compatible with 5.0. I'd venture a guess this attitude is part of the reason. Why put effort into developing an application when everyone expects it to be free or $0.99?

The ads are not intrusive. I just wish Quickpull 5.6 would run a scheduled pull.
    11-05-09 07:50 PM
    Installed it, took one look at it and uninstalled it. Pulling the battery isn't that hard.
    11-06-09 12:04 AM
    In another thread, people are complaining that 3rd party developers aren't moving fast enough on apps compatible with 5.0. I'd venture a guess this attitude is part of the reason. Why put effort into developing an application when everyone expects it to be free or $0.99?

The ads are not intrusive. I just wish Quickpull 5.6 would run a scheduled pull.
    Apple's App store doesn't seem to have a problem getting developers to make apps and price them at free or $.99. Sorry the price of some BB apps are crazy.
    11-06-09 07:00 AM
    QP 3.5.4 Click Download Now from your BB browser
    11-06-09 07:43 AM
    I removed quickpull and won't install the new version. I don't want more ads, and the app doesn't do anything that alt-rshift-del doesn't do. Plus, it's not the same as a true battery pull.

Just another ad delivery system now.
    11-07-09 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD