The title says it all. I thought I would give it a try. Absolutely horrible! What a POS! First problem, I can barely hear the VM when I play it back through the headset (even with the volume up all the way). I know what your going to say next, play it back through the speaker phone. I really don't care for everyone around me to hear my messages. Second problem, after I play and delete a VM my LED continues to blink red for about 15 minutes. $2.99/month for this? WTF???!!!
    03-20-09 03:32 AM
    I find it to be a rather comfortable volume without it turned up all the way... The only gripe I have about it is the fact that when I put it up to my ear, I often accidently click/touch the screen and it stops playback.

Otherwise, i'm loving it. I can ignore the voicemail's I don't want to hear.
    03-20-09 03:35 AM
    I find it to be a rather comfortable volume without it turned up all the way... The only gripe I have about it is the fact that when I put it up to my ear, I often accidently click/touch the screen and it stops playback.

Otherwise, i'm loving it. I can ignore the voicemail's I don't want to hear.
    Does your LED continue to blink red after you delete a VM?
    03-20-09 03:39 AM
    Does your LED continue to blink red after you delete a VM?
    That isn't a VVM problem. That's a system-wide glitch in some versions of the 4.7.0.XX Operating system.
    03-20-09 03:41 AM
    Its buggy as ****, and almost half the time I get an error when trying to retrieve the message. And the voicemails download into my music folder, so when its on shuffle every once-in-a-while when im working out, ill get a friendly reminder from my mother that shes thinking about me, or my girlfriend ******** at me to make sure I take out hamburger for dinner tonight. Its awesome.
    03-20-09 03:42 AM
    If I delete and reinstall VVM would that solve my volume issue?
    03-20-09 03:43 AM
    Mine works great.. but i'm still using OS 75
    03-20-09 03:49 AM
    Mine works great.. but i'm still using OS 75
    .75 here as well. When listening to a VM, what is your volume set at if you don't mind me asking?
    03-20-09 03:55 AM
    Mine works great!

when I don't have it on speaker Phone, I hold it againest my ear like your suppose to in order to hear your voice mails.

most of the time I use mine on speaker phone though
    03-20-09 04:17 AM
    How do I listen to Visual Voice Mail NOT on Speaker ? LOL I am sure there is a simple answer, but I can't figure it out. I now feel the need to go outside in a semi private area when I listen to my voicemails ... a bit of a hinderance !!!

THANKS!
    03-20-09 06:58 AM
    I love the visual voice mail, its easy to scroll back in time to a particular one without having to listen to all of them, its great. I''ll never go back to calling in again.
    03-20-09 07:49 AM
    How do you make it so the voice mails don't show up in your mailbox?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 07:53 AM
    How do you make it so the voice mails don't show up in your mailbox?

You mean so that the visual voice mail screen would be blank?
    03-20-09 07:56 AM
    No the actual message list where my emails go. It shows voice mails there too I just want them to show in the voice mail program.

03-20-09 07:58 AM
    The way I see it, and I believe in "to each his own", you're paying $2.99 a month because you don't want to click some extra buttons.

Maybe I misunderstand what the Visual Voicemail is, but my idea of it is that you get notice of your voicemails in a message that you just click to hear. You can listen to them in different orders and delete messages without hearing them. I may be missing out on something, but that's the jist of it - right?

OK, the alternative. You click to open your keypad then hold down the 1 button. Since you can keep your passcode in your password vault you don't need to enter that. You still get to your messages. You don't want to hear one then hit 7 to delete or 9 to save for later and move on to the next.

Like I said, to each his own, but $2.99 a month because you don't want to click some extra buttons...doesn't seem worth it to me. Even for a business that gets a lot of messages, you're still getting them either way.

I know, I know...it's only $3 a month. But when you add the data plan, your calling plan, insurance, etc. it's a nickel and dime way to keep your bill going up.
    Last edited by bfarneth; 03-20-09 at 08:03 AM.
    03-20-09 07:58 AM
    No the actual message list where my emails go. It shows voice mails there too I just want them to show in the voice mail program.

I don't know if you can make it not list them there. But you never know someone may come along and tell you how they did it.
    03-20-09 08:03 AM
    Don't use Verizon Visual Voicemail and pay! Use yvmail. Just sign up on youmail.com and then install the yvmail from joekrill.com. Make sure on the Storm to change the application setting to disable compatibility mode for yvmail or you will have the keyboard stuck on the screen.
    youmail also has their own visual voicemail app, but I prefer yvmail.
    03-20-09 08:34 AM
    The title says it all. I thought I would give it a try. Absolutely horrible! What a POS! First problem, I can barely hear the VM when I play it back through the headset (even with the volume up all the way). I know what your going to say next, play it back through the speaker phone. I really don't care for everyone around me to hear my messages. Second problem, after I play and delete a VM my LED continues to blink red for about 15 minutes. $2.99/month for this? WTF???!!!
    Try YouMail + VyMail. Its a FREE alternative and im quite happy with it. Plus, you cant beat the price.
    03-20-09 08:48 AM
    Try YouMail + VyMail. Its a FREE alternative and im quite happy with it. Plus, you cant beat the price.

ootuoyetahi is right! I mistakedly kept typing yvmail.. Sorry!
    03-20-09 08:55 AM
    i think VVM is a great app to have i am not a penny pincher but to me i can call my voicemail and save $2.99 amonth thats just my two cents. i mean if it was free i would take it in a heartbeat
    03-20-09 09:09 AM
    Don't use Verizon Visual Voicemail and pay! Use yvmail. Just sign up on youmail.com and then install the yvmail from joekrill.com. Make sure on the Storm to change the application setting to disable compatibility mode for yvmail or you will have the keyboard stuck on the screen.
    youmail also has their own visual voicemail app, but I prefer yvmail.
    Echoed 110%. VyMail works flawlessly. Along with a free YouMail account, you drop the monthly VVM fee, and you get a better experience.
    03-20-09 09:12 AM
    VVM has worked great for me on 2 phones now. Yes, I've tried yvmail and don't feel it is in the same ball game. I usually get anywhere from 10-15 voicemail a day. Having the ability to look and determine which ones I need to hear immediately is important to me. Yes, I could dial voicemail easily, but then I have to start listening, then skip if I don't want to hear any more and repeat the process is cumbersome. With VVM, it's pretty easy to view, prioritize, skip/listen and save. $2.99 isn't going to break me for the convinience that I get, IMO.
    03-20-09 10:29 AM
    lol I deleted that thing off the phone instantly
    03-20-09 10:42 AM
    VVM has worked great for me on 2 phones now.
    Worked great as in you can actually hear it without having it on speaker phone? Your LED dosen't blink for 15 minutes after you delete a message?
    03-20-09 10:52 AM
    i just got deleted off my visual voice mail, and added Youmail. Seems to be the same, but free...
    03-20-09 10:53 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD