I am starting this post to see what people think about this. I just got my bold last week and went kinda crazy with the different OS versions and installing all sorts of apps and removing them because of speed issues. I noticed some people on other forums said Viigo causes memory leaks and the device to get stuck in the hour glass, personally I blamed myself for having so many programs so I removed several programs including viigo (amazeGPS as well) those two were the two big ones and I noticed the phone is not getting stuck any more. I know installed Viigo again haven't experienced issues but just wanted to know what if people have recommendations for programs working with Viigo or what programs don't like to work when installed together.
    04-16-09 03:22 PM
    No issues with Viigo, but I have updates turned off.
    04-16-09 03:26 PM
    I dont have any issues, but I dont let Viigo run all the time either. I set it to close when I exit the program, and update when I open it.. I dont see why it needs to run all the time, personally. If I want to check my feeds, I will open the program and let it download for 10 seconds.
    04-16-09 03:31 PM
    I run Viigo the same way as Giant. No problems to report and no memory leak. Out of interest what OS are you on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 04:21 PM
    This is the advice I got from chicklet:

My set up is no move to background and no to save on exit. I have a max of 10 arcticles per channel and no auto update. Seems to work
    04-16-09 04:23 PM
    I uninstalled Viigo about a week ago, and restored alot of memory. My phone used to reset alot and my memory would be really low. Im not sure exactly if Viigo or the Blackberry app store was the culprit, as I deleted them both at the same time. I was never really fond of Viigo anyways, but I may give it a try again in the future at some point.
    04-16-09 04:35 PM
    App world was the culprit for my memory leak! Prior to upgrade I was on 28MB and app world would eat that with an hour! After 247 upgrade I'm seeing high 40s and it settling at 25MB.

Definitely recommend anyone to remove app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 04:41 PM
    good recommendation about not keeping it open in the background didn't even know it was there fixed that option. would be nice if a future release let you save the feeds on your storage card. I feel a lot of memory issues would be resolved if we could have more files stored on the card.
    04-16-09 05:13 PM
    Why does app world have such an effect on memory if it is not running in the background?
    04-16-09 05:14 PM
    Why does app world have such an effect on memory if it is not running in the background?
    personally i think they rushed app world out to fast, i sometimes get the hour glass when cycling through the list of apps in the store, seems like loading the pictures and information may cause a memory drain and the phone never really recovers all the memory until the next reset.
    04-16-09 05:19 PM
    I uninstalled Viigo about a week ago, and restored alot of memory. My phone used to reset alot and my memory would be really low. Im not sure exactly if Viigo or the Blackberry app store was the culprit, as I deleted them both at the same time. I was never really fond of Viigo anyways, but I may give it a try again in the future at some point.
    I think the app store is more of a work in progress...i am sure it will be a lot better in the next release or update.
    04-16-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD