I'm confused. I have all my text saved for "forever"..however majority of my text from saturday are gone. Poof.

I have 31mb of app memory

And I have 873.4 mb of device memory.

Where do the text..emails get saved? Because if I have close to a gig of device memory...it shouldn't be erasing.

Help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 08:25 AM
    Help anyone?
    02-12-09 09:25 AM
    This is going to sound really stupid, but I was having a similar problem when I first picked the device up. What happened was that the internal clock was incorrect and when I reset it to the correct time (a month or so ahead) the Storm thought it was time to get rid of all my "old" messages. Not saying it's what's happening to you, but it's possible. Were you messing with the clock at all?
    02-12-09 09:29 AM
    I've had issues with my Storm randomly erasing emails for no reason, even if they were only a few days old. I have had to wipe my handheld and remove all 3rd party apps to see where the problem lies. Blackberry customer support is just as miffed as I am.
    02-12-09 09:42 AM
    How do you have your mail configured? If it is an imap configuration if messages are deleted there is a good chance the messages are removed from all mail boxes across the board.

I haven't had any messages come up missing, but Verizon does have a "save" time in the voice mailbox which is 21 days, I am not so sure about the sms and text messages though, since those are all stored on the device itself. Your phone may be set to clean messages passed a certain date.

Just an idea, not to say that is what is going on but it may be something worth while to look into.
    02-12-09 12:20 PM
    Im talking about text messages randomly deleting
    02-17-09 05:44 PM
    Maybe you made the same mistake I did . . . I deletd everything from my messages folder to clean it up . . unfortunatly, my BBm messages show in there as well so they deleted. I went in to BBM and was confused for about 10 minutes.

So no wI delete from the source inbox (SMS, BBM, Email) and not messages.
    02-17-09 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD