Had the curve and now the Storm on VZW...both with the Myspace app. Have not received alerts via the app for any new comments/messages or anything else for that matter. I receive the emails on my device, so i know the notifications are on (besides that I have checked it in my myspace acct online) however, i have noticed i do not have a myspace service book on my phone.. should i have one?
    11-22-08 06:15 PM
    i'm not sure if there are myself, but i have noticed that I don't get a visible alert like Facebook used to do (my Facebook one doesn't seem to be working lately either)
    11-24-08 10:04 AM
    Yes, both apps have service books. If I'm not mistaken I believe ALL apps have service books in order to use the BB data.

For the Facebook app the fix is to uninstall and then re-install, and then send your service books.

I'd try the same for Myspace.

Also check your settings...for Facebook you need to check "leave email notifications on server"...this keeps the emails in your Gmail box (or whatever you use) but transfers them to FB on the BB...again, haven't used Myspace...but it should be something similar.

Hope it works!
    11-24-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD